Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

"Introducing... Stan Walker" Review ~~~~SPOILER~~~~~

josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Re: "Introducing... Stan Walker" Review ~~~~SPOILER~~~~~

Post by josephineperrot on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

hope your feeling so much better ini and love to read your review ..cannot wait
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm

inikamoze wrote:I'll tag on to your review - will be like old times on the idol forum :lol:

yay!I love your reviews can't wait... thinking about I'm gonna change the thread description now

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Yes, I'm feeling better now thanks Jose. I had food poisoning last week then wrenched my back while driving the porcelain bus all night. TMI? geek

Can't do a review yet because I'm off to the cricket for the next three days. I did spend most of today listening to it though. It's fab! :cheers:
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:50 am

you poor darling!! you are in the wars at the moment like I say to myself sometimes 'when it rains it pours' I broke my leg/ankle this year while my little boy had chronic tonsilitis..everything seem to be happening at once..but of course there is always a could with a silver lining..have a great day at the cricket..x
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 pm

Simona wrote:Purple Rain.... The music and vocal arrangements are a little different from live version, a bit plasticky. The higher notes sound they have been touched up? but great!
    yep. and that guitar solo in the middle is a little too long dont ya think?

Simona wrote:The Climb.... The vocal arrangement is gorgeous just as the live version. This got Stan stamp on it. I forgot about C.Myles original
    georgeous, but i wish he said "you're gonna reach it" instead of "you'll never reach it" in the end..

Simona wrote:
    It's a Man's World.... Music arrangement different. Vocals are SUPERB even better than the live version.
    i dunno.. i like watching him sing this live.. the way he stands when he sings this song and the face he puts on.. hmmmm...

Simona wrote:
    Think Of Me.... upbeat, '50-'60 reminiscence, smooth Motown sound, you can hear Guy's influence. Stan's voice perfectly suited. Showcases his range and smoother tones. Love it!!!!!
    yeah, this is definitely his kinda song.. i think out of all the songs in the album, his voice suits this song best :)

Simona wrote:
    Ordinary People.... arrangement kept simple.... Stan with his amazing vocals and a gentle sweet piano..... Gorgeous
    yep :) :) :)

Simona wrote:
    Let's Stay Together... nice arrangement. Stan omg .... he's just great in this one. His higher register is impressive. Great!
    YES omg, i love how he starts the song..
    and when you listen to his IDOL version of this song and compare it with his ALBUM one, you can see how much he's improved, vocally.. but it mite also be the filters Razz

Simona wrote:
    Hallelujah.... very similar to the live version... but longer, the lower register sounds much better ... I miss the look on his face when he sang this song on idol, lot of emotions and intensity. Very Good
    exactly!

Simona wrote:
    Superstar... omg, I'm so biased on this one... my favourite Vocal arrangement is just a little different I think being adapted to the longer version.... oh yes, I love you, I really do
    MY FAVOURITE!

Simona wrote:
    We Will Rock You... one of my favourite on idol. It dind't reproduce the brilliance "Ghetto fabulous" of the live version IMO. But still has the R&B spin that Stan gave to it. Nice!
    yeahh..

Simona wrote:
    Amazing Grace... Gospel intro, more straight foward compared to live version. Longer version. Stan did an Amazing job... gave me goosebumps.
    i love watching him sing this live..
    like hallelujah, "I miss the look on his face when he sang this song on idol, lot of emotions and intensity."

Simona wrote:Overall, Stan's voice is a little over produced, re-touched?? dunno if it's the right word. I like the rough edges in his voice here and there, his voice is pure and raw. Leave it alone Sony!
    everything you said simo!! leave it alone sony!!

Ataahua wrote:about Stan's voice being "brushed up" i guess that's what happens when you sing in a recording studio and your voice goes those filters. I reckon Stan is one of those artists who sound better singing live.
    YEP.

Hikoi wrote:
    I thought that you could tell Black Box was released first as a single
    because of the quality,musical accompniament and fullness of sound compared to the other songs.
    Which didnt exactly help Purple Rain which was the next song. Sony still playing it a bit safe, but thats alright, our Stans a stayer, and a KEEPER! Which only makes me love this album all the more! Its a journey! and hes only gong to get better, and he does a fabulous job on this album!!! ❤ ❤
    YES! YES! especially the: our Stans a stayer, and a KEEPER! Which only makes me love this album all the more! Its a journey! and hes only gong to get better, and he does a fabulous job on this album!!!

haha i love being a member and reading through all your comments. hope u guys dont mind me commenting on em Wink

KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm

...so great to see UR comments dearstan! Infact really cool to look back at a previous comment, and then see a fresh point of view!!

yup...we ALL love SS Grin
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 pm

:)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 am