Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

ARIAS

nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Re: ARIAS

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:28 am

Just read in today's Herald Sun that Black Box is number 2 again on the Aria charts this week! That's great news considering the drop in downloads, there must be a lot of physical sales going on. Hopefully with the release of the album this week we can get this single and/or album to number 1! :cheers: :cheers:
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:56 am

WOW - that's great! They must be releasing them earlier these days. They haven't uploaded to the site yet - it is still last week's charts up there.
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 am

Yeah they usually are 1 or 2 days slow with updating the charts.
    If you can manage to get your hands on a copy of the Daily Telegraph (or Sydney Herald not sure which one it is) or the Herald Sun newspaper, in the back in the entertainment section it has the Aria Top 5 singles and albums and I was glad to wake up this morning to find Stan at number 2. Now for confirmation from the ARIA site :)
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:11 am

I think he missed out on the physical sales LAST week because half the music stores did the "don't bother unpacking, it is only an Idol winner" thing, only to discover people were buying 5 CDs at a time - so I think the physical sales will have gone up this week, now that they are on the shelves. I downloaded the single, but didn't buy the CD because I am buying 5 of the albums and so I won't need the single CD!
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 am

Haha awesome.
    It's interesting you say that though cause on last week's charts Stan was number 1 for physical (on limited time) and number 2 on downloads where he held number 1 spot on iTunes for most of the week so it's strange how Ke$ha pipped him for number 1 spot but I guess number 1 isn't everything. Some songs could go straight to number one and then drop off or you could have a song that never reaches number 1 but is consistent on the charts and hangs around the top 50 for a while. I hope the latter is the case with Stan so he can have a good chance at the Arias next year but of course number 1 would be great too :)
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 am

There is also an article on him in the Herald Sun (Melbourne) in Focus on page 93.

As for the downloads - I know - it is a little odd - but what drives a person to download versus buy the CD? Does Ke$ha's greater downloads mean people see it as a one hit sort of thing and don't want to bother buying the actual CD? Darned if I know! I sometimes buy tracks via download (it is so cheap) only to see if I want to buy an album - it isn't really my way of buying music - I like the better quality too much.
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Might be 6 on iTunes, but still 2 today on Bandit.fm
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:25 pm

RobynH99 wrote:There is also an article on him in the Herald Sun (Melbourne) in Focus on page 93.

As for the downloads - I know - it is a little odd - but what drives a person to download versus buy the CD? Does Ke$ha's greater downloads mean people see it as a one hit sort of thing and don't want to bother buying the actual CD? Darned if I know! I sometimes buy tracks via download (it is so cheap) only to see if I want to buy an album - it isn't really my way of buying music - I like the better quality too much.

Yeah I saw that Focus thing too - they put Stan as one of the 'People of 2009' Big Smile Big Smile
    Yeah I understand what you mean, it's confusing, but personally I know I'd rather the hard copy than the downloaded version.

RobynH99 wrote:Might be 6 on iTunes, but still 2 today on Bandit.fm

Yeah I saw those as well, it's great it's hanging around the top 10 on iTunes and still doing great on Bandit. As long as Stan has reasonable downloads I think he should be fine :)
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I hope Stan makes no. 1!! Black Box is an awesome song so 'come on Aussie' come on, Come on, Come on Aussie come on... make Stan no1 on the Aria Charts! Pleazzzz....
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:37 pm

This weeks update:

Singles Overall 2
    Downloads 4
    Physical sales 1
    Australian Music 1

Not too bad if you ask me!
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm

AND HIS SINGLE WENT GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has the G symbol - YAH!

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display_singles.asp?chart=1U50
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks for that info RobynH99. I went to the Aria web address, pretty interesting only ...Stan was still no.2. Glad to know though that the G means the Black Box sales have gone Gold! Awesome Big Smile

Sooo happy for Stan!!!

X-fingers for no. 1 next week...haha no problem..its in the bag
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Yay I just saw that too! How exciting!

Gold means he has sold over 35,000 copies woohoo! :cheers:
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:53 pm

YAY For Stan.....we can get him number one but it will be harder now his Album is coming out let's get that Platinum Big Smile
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Yep - I think it will be Platinum for the album, no worries. bounce

I just hope Stan is getting some of the money. I know with these first releases Sony/management gets a lot of it, but I suppose Stan will get enough to keep the wolf from the door.
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Yeah i read that today 2. Congrats 2 Stan on your single going Gold, I am so excited for you.
    :cheers:
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 pm

thanks Nick and Robyn for your hard work in keeping us informed I do have the herald sun unopen on my desk lol!! I had to some photo editing for my damn hubby!! like I have nothing else to do on a Sunday and he had the gall to go out fishing the bugger!!!
    so great to see our Stan doing fine and you wait till the album comes out because I think be bigger then his single ..cross fingers and toes
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 pm

No worries, it's my pleasure to help fellow Stan fans with exciting info :)
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 am

OMG....Stans gone the big "G"....
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: yahooooooo its a celebration....now for platinum.... ☀ ❤
    Taichi
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 am

Black Box is number 3 on the ARIA singles chart this week! Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:53 am

omg according ho the Herald sun Stans album isn't in the top 5 :S poor Stan i wonder here his alb charted then
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:28 am

sarahbunny wrote:omg according ho the Herald sun Stans album isn't in the top 5 :S poor Stan i wonder here his alb charted then

LOL it only came out here in Australia like 3 days ago and the ARIA's run from Friday to Friday so I doubt Stan would have got enough sales in like 2 days to reach the top 5, it's okay, wait until next week's charts and you'll see it right up there, guranteed Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 am

nick_93 wrote:
    sarahbunny wrote:omg according ho the Herald sun Stans album isn't in the top 5 :S poor Stan i wonder here his alb charted then

LOL it only came out here in Australia like 3 days ago and the ARIA's run from Friday to Friday so I doubt Stan would have got enough sales in like 2 days to reach the top 5, it's okay, wait until next week's charts and you'll see it right up there, guranteed Big Smile

No but it came out in tuesday in aus didn't it ? That would give him 4 days and no top :( that's sad he atleast deserved top 5 lol :(
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

sarahbunny wrote:
    nick_93 wrote:

No but it came out in tuesday in aus didn't it ? That would give him 4 days and no top :( that's sad he atleast deserved top 5 lol :(

No? I thought it might have come out as early as Wednesday but even so everywhere was advertising it as being released on Friday, even Stan thought it was being released on Friday when he was on Sunrise so seriously, it'll be fine, give it until next weekend and it should be top 5 :)
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:44 am

Lols alright im very negative i just want him to do well :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:19 pm