Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

ARIAS

nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Re: ARIAS

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Haha, it's okay, we all do, but he's not the Beatles..yet..he won't have a top 5 album in like 3 days lol Razz
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:19 pm

nick_93 wrote:Haha, it's okay, we all do, but he's not the Beatles..yet..he won't have a top 5 album in like 3 days lol Razz

lol true, but the newspapers will slam him for not having a top 5..they called natalie gauci unsuccesful becuase she carted at number 9 for her first week :( hopefully mor epeople buy his album it makes me what to buy more and more copies..but then he will prob be in the top 5 if not number 1 for nz soo atleast his amking money Big Smile lols
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Haha don't worry. I'm pretty sure Stan won't turn out like Natalie, she had the corniest single of all Idols and Stan is just so much better in every way lol. I don't think the media will slam Stan unless he failed to chart top 5 next weekend cause like I said it's only been a few days so he needs a little bit of time haha. He should be in a good position next week, the album is already number 2 on iTunes and they shipped out GOLD for the CD stores which is 35,000 copies so I'm sure he'll be fine :)
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:28 pm

nick_93 wrote:Haha don't worry. I'm pretty sure Stan won't turn out like Natalie, she had the corniest single of all Idols and Stan is just so much better in every way lol. I don't think the media will slam Stan unless he failed to chart top 5 next weekend cause like I said it's only been a few days so he needs a little bit of time haha. He should be in a good position next week, the album is already number 2 on iTunes and they shipped out GOLD for the CD stores which is 35,000 copies so I'm sure he'll be fine :)

LMAO your slightly making me feel better aslong as his like # 6 or 7 im happy Big Smile .... yer natalie kinda sucked...the media are tough though i can ensure you that their will be a article about it tommorow or sometime next week...he could have gone gold already i dont know...Razz ...hopefully another full week of sales will make him higher in the charts...his single is number 3 which is good..unfair that hayley gets a whole week of sales for her single though :(

hey btw are you 16?? :)
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Hehe! Yer I think he will get that high, here's hoping!
    Haha yeh Natalie wasn't that great, I went to her "Winners Journey Concert" and she was kind of rude. If there is an article then it should hopefully be a good one cause Stan's doing really well at the moment :) I'm sure with another week of sales and some promotion he'll be just fine. But don't worry about Hayley, she doesn't have an album AND a single out at the moment and the promotional opportunities Stan has as the winner Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:35 pm

lmaoo and i vought Natalies album :oops: its was pretty crap Big Smile .... Stan is good and its onyl his first album..once he gets to write his own stuff (which i cant wait) and before hadn releases a really good single..that will give him mor ebetter publicity and get him new fans 🎅
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 pm

lmaoo I think I did too Shocked Yer it was pretty bad, it was like 2 second clips of all her average Idols songs lol. Yeh I really like Stan's album. It's really good for a rushed album but yeh I can't wait until his next album with all his own stuff. He said he's already started writing, I can't wait! Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 pm

i know yeah and that lame video haha Razz i havnt actually heard his album lmaooo im getting it for christmas :) yeah i heard that too and he wants to write about real things not lets have sex on a beach stuff Razz like he said and some Guy is writing a cover story for a teen mag on Stan on monday and asked in the fanclub if we had any questions for him Big Smile
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:25 pm

haha..well I am glad Nick was there to make you feel better Sarah! his still no 1 album and single in NZ on itune which is great and his no 3 in arias still with his single!! from what I gather his album wont show how many till the week after like Nick said! look at Susan Boyle her album has gone down quite abit in itune and Glee has got right up!! hayley is not even showing on the top 10 in itune at the moment. I think Stan's album will be right up there the week coming
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Lmao but Susan boyle is still number 1 on Arias and 4 x platinum Razz. Lmao we will see hopefully by next week he can be up there and hopfully he isn't too low in the arias this week :)
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Haha, yay! Now we're talking! :cheers:
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:48 pm

LmAO i don't think Stan is included in this weeks aria charts because they have been updated and his no where to be seen in any of them haha unless he did extremely badlg but i doubt it lols i scared myself for nothin.

Anyway his single:
    #3 aria charts
    #1 physical downloads
    #7 digital download
    #1 Aus charts
    Big Smile
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Hey guys... r the people turning up to his promotional signings?? R the crowds huge?? Cos if they r then our Stan should be doin great, but shouldnt his album at least feature? .. maybe top 20?? cos Stan is definately HOT right now :-D
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Lol i don't know he hasnt come Melbourne :( but Stan won't feature this week because his album came out like wed but everyone thought it was friday and the arias run from Friday to friday so next week his album should be in the aria and hopefully high Big Smile
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 pm

..Sarah, it will be exciting to see where Stans Album places on the Aria Chart. You must be holding your breath!!

The Glee album came out last week (NZ) and placed at no 9. Not bad first wk. I am hoping Stans album will place higher for its first week. Hopefully no 1 cos sooo many music stores were sold out this past week, including my local!!.. Our NZ music charts come out tomorrow.

When is Stan going to Melbourne?? Are there plans? Shame Rove has finished... he would have been on there and u could have caught that show!!! :-(

Anyway..Good luck Stan... Xfingers for No 1 Album on Arias!!
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:17 pm

I Know im excited im not sure whether he could get #1 Susan Boyle is really strong Stan will probably place higher on the nz Aria charts Big Smile but hopefully everyone can buy and get gim a high posiztion on the Arias Wink
    I don't know when someone went to see him he told them he is coming to Melvourne Big Smile but he really needs to rest his voice it sounded really sore when he sang in Sydney last night :(

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi all. Thought I would set you straight on a few misconceptions. Hard to understand why they didn't chart Stan's album this week, as ARIA does not allow sales to carry through to another week, so any sales for the first 3 days cannot be used for next week's chart. They can count for his accreditations, but not on the next ARIA chart. It is sort of like a "use them or lose them" policy. If your record company does not allow you to chart, those sales are gone forever, as it is an unfair advantage to have more sales days for a week than others in the chart. But with a full week's sales this week, and store promotions Stan will chart well next Sunday I reckon. Surely top 5, maybe even #2. Hard to beat Susan though. She sold 47,000 last week and would be selling like hotcakes for xmas. You can't really take the position of albums on the download sites to get a real idea of album sales, as only around 10% on albums are sold digitally. Unlike singles where more than 90% are digital sales as physical singles are almost obsolete. Also downloaders sometimes have quirky habits as far as the albums they download. There are some albums that appear very high on the download sites, but hardly trouble the ARIA charts at all. 30 Seconds to Mars is a good example of that on this week's chart. High all week on itunes, and debuts at #3 on the ARIA digital chart and only #36 on the ARIA combined chart.

Stan is at #6 on the Sanity chart right now,

http://www.sanity.com.au/ChartHome.aspx?ct=Best%20Sellers&cat=5

and really at #5 if you take out the So Fresh album which will not count on the ARIA albums chart. The Sanity chart indicates store sales for Sanity, Virgin and HMV stores across Australia. A better guide than download sites like itunes or bandit for albums.

As for New Zealand. I reckon he is a huge chance for #1. I would be surprised if he came in lower.

nick_93 wrote:
    Ataahua wrote:

since we're talking about the ARIAs, Jess M won highest selling single....I couldn't help but think perhaps Stan might have a chance to win this next year. the early signs are good, so... 👽
    T

Yeah me too! I also heard that it's the highest selling Sony download ever and that he's already sold more than the Prayer by Anthony Callea and that won the Highest Selling Aria back in 2005 so here's hoping Stan can break the Idol curse and go collect himself an Aria Big Smile
    When it was reported that Stan broke the Sony download record it was only referring to the one day download sales. In the first few years of Idol, downloads were not even counted towards the ARIA charts, and were much less popular. Anthony, Shannon and Guy's first singles were all sold physically only, and all went 4 X platinum (in excess of 280,000 sales each), with Anthony's selling the most. Guy holds the record for one week sales as his first single sold 128,000 copies in its debut week, the highest one week sales in ARIA history for any Aussie artist. He repeated that with his first album, which sold 163,000 copies in its debut week, something no other cd has achieved in one week on the ARIA charts ever, be it Australian, overseas, group or compilation. It went on to get sales of 480,000, just short of 7 x platinum, the highest selling Australian Idol album.

For Stan to win the highest selling single at next year's ARIA Awards he will have to get more than double platinum sales, as there are at least two singles with massive sales which will be hard to beat. Kate Miller Hedkie's Last Day on Earth has sold close to double platinum, with a fair amount of those sales counting for next year's ARIA's. And Guy Sebastian has the single Like It Like That, with sales so far of around 165,000 units, of which more than 130,000 will count for the 2010 ARIA's. It's still in the charts at #23.

Last edited by Sammy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:19 pm

I got a bit of a shock when I pulled up the charts but then thought there's no way he wouldn't have featured somewhere if he had been submitted.

Anyway, I was sick last week and couldn't make it out to the shops so at least I don't feel like such a Fan-fail at the moment Razz . Off to buy the album tomorrow! :cheers:
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 pm

OMG Sammy are you serious all
    The sales he got the past 3 days don't count?? That's really really unfair because most people go crazy and buy albums in the first couple of days :( why couldn't they just chart it for this week? Because now it's an unfair for him and could affect his posistion...Neutral
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Sammy for your informative post . I learnt something new today .

So now we have a clear idea on how the aria charts work. I'm not happy with this week sales of stan's album not be counted in ... hopefully the sales will be go even higher next week. I feel confident he will score nicely on the albun chart

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:41 pm

sarahbunny wrote:OMG Sammy are you serious all
    The sales he got the past 3 days don't count?? That's really really unfair because most people go crazy and buy albums in the first couple of days :( why couldn't they just chart it for this week? Because now it's an unfair for him and could affect his posistion...Neutral
    They will count in his overall sales(for the ARIA end of year chart, and towards the ARIA Awards sales calculations, and accreditation levels) just not on the charts next week. As I said, very confusing as to why Sony didn't ask ARIA to chart him. It is a very strict rule with ARIA that the sales have to be counted in the week they sold, so that albums do not have extra sales days than others. Even if a store sells early without permission, ARIA will not allow those sales to be added to the next week. They have to be used in the week they were sold. That is why a few years ago you got some of the really big albums debuting low down in the top 10 in their first week and zooming up to #1 in their second week. The cd shops started selling them as soon as they were distributed(usually a day or two before the start of the chart week) and the only thing the record company could do was to ask ARIA to count them in the chart a week early. It didn't matter to those artists because they sold enough in the following weeks to get to #1 anyway. As I said, a real puzzle why they released Stan's album 3 days early and then not allowing him to chart.

Last edited by Sammy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Haha hopefully *fingers crossed* everyone go buy double haha jks Razz if he doesn't score high in Aus he def will in NZ lols

Thanks Sammy Sonys a bitch :@lmaoo they could have charted him still ohh well hopefully people still buy his album :)

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm

sarahbunny wrote:Haha hopefully *fingers crossed* everyone go buy double haha jks Razz if he doesn't score high in Aus he def will in NZ lols

Thanks Sammy Sonys a bitch :@lmaoo they could have charted him still ohh well hopefully people still buy his album :)
    Sony have been doing strange things to some of their artists for years. I find it strange that they have released Haley's single so early. The last time they did that to a winner was when they released Anthony's The Prayer against Casey. But I don't think Haley's single is any competition for Stan's. Not going on itunes at the moment. But boy they certainly screwed Casey.
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Would be interesting to see if the press will highlight this "strange moves" by sony (the rushed release of the album and the missed chart listing)

In the meantime, is there any sign of Hayley's single on the aria charts? haven't checked it yet

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Simona7 wrote:Would be interesting to see if the press will highlight this "strange moves" by sony (the rushed release of the album and the missed chart listing)

In the meantime, is there any sign of Hayley's single on the aria charts? haven't checked it yet

Don't worry, they do it to all their artists, in particular Shannon Noll who I know a bit about too.

Nah Hayley's single was only released on Friday so nothing yet :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:04 am