Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

ARIAS

sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Re: ARIAS

Post by sarahbunny on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm

nick_93 wrote:
    Simona7 wrote:Would be interesting to see if the press will highlight this "strange moves" by sony (the rushed release of the album and the missed chart listing)

In the meantime, is there any sign of Hayley's single on the aria charts? haven't checked it yet

Don't worry, they do it to all their artists, in particular Shannon Noll who I know a bit about too.

Nah Hayley's single was only released on Friday so nothing yet :)

LOL yer Hayleys will be charted next week...If Sony wanted a whole week of sales for Stan why release early on wednesday Neutral
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:05 pm

nick_93 wrote:Nah Hayley's single was only released on Friday so nothing yet :)
    oh yes, you are right...... me is bit tired today .... sammy was saying not scoring high on the downloads atm....

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

wow thanks sammy for the info and if I had known I would have brought my album next week!!! now we have to promote others to buy his album next week but then again..how can we know how his done this week if they dont count??
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Well well well............. I just saw a advert for the album on channel nine. 1030 at night on a sunday night dfoesn't seem to be hitting the target audience does it?? OMG i forgot how cute the luscious one really is. Dayum! If only I were like *mumbles* 25 years younger!!!! 😢
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm

haha yes well maybe it is for us oldies Linda? I was on here and did not see it was it a good advert?
    hopefully they have put it on other times someone will reply to our posts if they saw it!!
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Yea, it wasn't bad *wipes drool from her face and contemplates becoming a Stan cougar & then decides not to be cruel to the Stanaliscious one*
    Someone! Anyone! Slap me, I'm having impure thyoughts!
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

guys you can help Stan get to #1 and stay there by using your free $10 voucher-> http://stanwalker.soulsboard.com/music-f5/131209-free-10-voucher-from-banditfm-t183.htm#1540

State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:21 pm

mz_linda wrote:Yea, it wasn't bad *wipes drool from her face and contemplates becoming a Stan cougar & then decides not to be cruel to the Stanaliscious one*
    Someone! Anyone! Slap me, I'm having impure thyoughts!

me knows what you mean but I only need to be 15 years younger ...

Now, as Tes posted above me. Go and redeem the $10 voucher do push stan up the download charts!!!! now!!!!!

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Hehehe The video just finished downloading and now I'm onto the others hehehehe mmmmmmmm ear candy yaya!
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:27 pm

okay will go into that website Tes..where else can we advertise to that? can you do it on the official Stan fan site? lol

edit:
    Linda do not worry I always have impure thoughts lol..and nothing wrong with a healthy..cough..mind..
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 pm

josephineperrot wrote:okay will go into that website Tes..where else can we advertise to that? can you do it on the official Stan fan site? lol

i don't think we need to advertise there as no body goes there...LOL!
    it's pretty dead in that forum.

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 am

josephineperrot wrote:wow thanks sammy for the info and if I had known I would have brought my album next week!!! now we have to promote others to buy his album next week but then again..how can we know how his done this week if they dont count??
    I reckon the bulk of people will buy this week. The decision to release early seemed very sudden. A lot of people would not have even known it was released. Which still brings up the question as to why they did it. They did it in 2006 with Damien, releasing 4 days early I think, and he came in at #2 and then moved up to #1 in his second week. But why do it for Stan and then not chart him. Strange.

Just a few other tips so you don't spend money that will not help in the charts. Do not download more than once from any download site. ARIA will only count one sale per IP address. That includes gifting. If you gift to another person they won't count it if you have already purchased it for yourself. If you want to help by buying more, download once each from different sites, Bandit, bigpond, itunes etc, but never twice from the same site. You can however purchase different versions of a song from the same site and it will count. For example, a remix, a radio edition, the album version of a song, the video, and a ringtone. That would count legitimately as 5 sales. As far as physicals go you can purchase 3 at one time on one sales docket and all will count. Any over that amount will not count. This all applies in Australia of course. Have no idea about NZ.

Just found out from a chart forum which posts information direct from ARIA that Susan Boyle sold 80% more this week. That would put her sales at over 80 thousand this week :0: And as a xmas purchase it will likely go higher in the next 2 weeks. #2 may be the best result Stan can get next week, but really sales are more important than chart position in the long run. Four of the five highest selling albums at the 2008 ARIA Awards never reached number one. And this year two didn't. Empire Of The Sun peaked at 6, and Jess Mauboy at #11. If Stan stays in the charts for a decent amount of time he will go ok. Wes Carr is the only Idol winner not to go at least platinum with his Idol album. I reckon Stan has a much stronger fan base. He should do way better than that Big Smile
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 am

Sammy thank you so much for your info now we know for his next album or even this one what to do!! I brought the album but I might buy another one for a friend..
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 am

Sammy that was very interesting! I am in NZ, but still facinated to learn how the music industry operates with you guys across the Tasman.. especially in terms of our Stan boi! I do hope Stans Album lands a good spot on the Aria chart next week , and then continues to hang around (top 20... would be awesome for his career and encouraging for the next album release (March?).

Thank you Australian Stanfans.. you guys are working sooo hard for his single Black box and now his Album...Kiwis have gone hardout with Album purchases, so it should place really well in our charts. But, for our Australian Idol - We watch your charts with anticipation....
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:35 am

Thank you Sammy for your input........that was most helpful for a newbie fan such as myself....now I know what to do for his next albums! Oh, Really?

Thank you for your words of support Krysta.........we luv him big time and are all doing our best to make his dreams come true!!!!

Cheers
    Taichi

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:01 pm

I have asked AuspOp who have ARIA contacts, if they can find out why the album was not included in the chart this week. Here is the ARIA rule from the code of practice which shows Stan's sales in the first three days cannot be included in the chart next week.

2.3. A Product is not eligible for inclusion in an ARIA Chart unless the Record Supplier makes a
    written request to ARIA in accordance with the Data Rules (see Section 3). The request will
    specify the date from which the chart survey is to commence. Sales prior to that date or
    outside any charting period will not be included in the calculation of charts in that period and
    cannot be carried forward or transferred into any other charting period.

http://www.aria.com.au/pages/documents/Charts%20Code%20of%20Practice.pdf

There is another possible reason. Sometimes ARIA does make mistakes. Chris Brown was included in the digital sales a few weeks ago, when the song was being given away as a promotion, so were not elligible for inclusion, and they even put a Swedish act in the Australian chart a few months ago by mistake. Maybe the late decision to release the album early caused a hiccup. Anyway Auspop Chart watch shows that Susan Boyle is selling at amazing levels. Over 85,000 sales this week, and Michael Buble sold over 25,000. But outside of those two, sales were less than 10,000. Stan will chart well next week Big Smile
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:57 pm

OK - here is a theory.

They want him to debut in the charts at already Gold. Gold isn't week dependent, it is total sales. They shipped Gold, I think the marketing ploy is to have his album debut in the charts already Gold.

He current has 6 songs in the top 100 on bandit.fm - that's not too darn bad if you ask me.

They released early, they'll have had their reasons, I think. Let's see where it debuts next week.

I notice he is still number 1 on physical sales of the single - which I think is interesting. The downloads have dropped off, but the physical sales are still up there.

However, you might be best ignoring me - I've been awake now for some 35 hours straight and am sure my brain has turned to mush. Hate long haul flights.

johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:35 pm

He will debut Gold, as they said he has shipped Gold so it will go on the charts as Gold regardless whether he sells 30,000 or not, I just hope those 3 days sales are counted next week?
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 pm

nah the 3 days aren't counted for next week :(
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:55 pm

oh well we will have to promote him so much more but like Robyn said 6 of his songs are charting on banditfm that is so great!!
    it is like we have this baby all of us and are making sure it's growth is doing alright lol
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 pm

ahahah that's funny his our baby :p but yet his older than me :0 lols
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:59 pm

I know his older then you but does not mean his wiser lol
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Banditfm: #4 Black Box #33 Purple Rain #54 The Climb #61 Hallelujah #69 It's a Mans World #95 Amazing Grace #100 Think Of Me

Itunes @ the moment: #7 Black Box (Single) #53 Purple Rain #101 Hallelujah #111 The Climb #155 Amazing Grace #175 Black Box (Album) #177 It's a Man's World

josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 pm

thanks Linda always for your info!! how you have time to dabble on the internet work at a very stressful job nursing..makes me feel soooo lazy..grins
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm

mz_linda wrote:Banditfm: #4 Black Box #33 Purple Rain #54 The Climb #61 Hallelujah #69 It's a Mans World #95 Amazing Grace #100 Think Of Me

Itunes @ the moment: #7 Black Box (Single) #53 Purple Rain #101 Hallelujah #111 The Climb #155 Amazing Grace #175 Black Box (Album) #177 It's a Man's World

Thats interesting... its the Soul songs which are the ones not striking a chord. In a way thats to be expected, Australia isnt known as a "Soul" country.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:51 am