Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

[17.12.09] Stan Walker credits God for transforming his life and his Australian Idol success

sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

[17.12.09] Stan Walker credits God for transforming his life and his Australian Idol success

Post by sarahbunny on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 pm

You made your album Introducing Stan Walker in two days. That's insane.

We just had to get through it, it had to get sold, it had to get out there. I just chose the songs. We only had a limited amount that would fit.

Where's your version of Beyonce's Single Ladies?

I couldn't put it on there because I didn't have a big band to do it. It was too much for people to arrange in time. That was my favourite song to do; it was the hardest song I've ever had to do but my favourite. Nobody on Idol liked it, they looked down on me when I chose it. I told them they had to trust me because I had a vision for it. I knew it could either be a hit or a complete meltdown.

You work with Guy Sebastian on this album . . .

He's awesome. I love his style, I love his music, I love him. I'm a bit of a Guy groupie. He says he isn't, but he's taking me under his wing and showing me a few things. He's the man. We're going to be writing some songs together.

What advice has he given you?

Just to be careful, don't forget who you are, stay aware of things that are happening.

Which artists would you model your career on?

I've got a few. Alicia Keys, John Legend, Israel Houghton he's a soul gospel artist and Beyonce. Those four, I'm in awe of all of them. I look up to them, I aspire to have stuff like them.

Have you started writing your own songs?

I'm writing at the moment. I've got one about a father leaving his family, I'm writing it from one of the child's perspectives, singing it for the little girl left behind. I was writing it and I sang it on the piano. I can't play piano so I made up my own chords. But my friend came in and she started crying and said it was exactly what had happened to her. So she wrote the rest of the song.

So it's a true story?

I just want to be a voice for people who go through this stuff. I want to talk about stuff like that. It's so daunting, when it happens people don't talk about it because they're too closed up and too hurt. Maybe I can be a voice for them.

You've had issues with domestic abuse in your own past, are you going to write about those?

Yeah, I want to really incorporate my life into my music. We came from a real broken home back in the day. It's taken years to get where we are. If it wasn't for God my family wouldn't be here today as a family. I want to be an ambassador for broken people who've come from nothing but gained everything. They've come from broken-ness and gained love and life. A new life.

How do you define broken?

Broken in spirit. A broken person. People are so lost and broken these days. They need a real hope. For me, and I know it's real, it's God. It's not a religious thing, it's a relationship you have with God, like you'd have with your mum and dad. But it's so much more in-depth. You put your hope in something that's assured. That's what I've done.

When was your spiritual awakening?

Two years ago I gave my heart to the Lord and became a Christian, but I was still stuffing up. I was up and down until the start of this year when I gave everything over to God. From then on I've trusted him and never looked back.

You were using drugs and drinking at school . . .

I was a bit of a naughty boy. I was a little thief, smoking, drinking. I was experimenting. I was trying to fill the void. I thought these things would satisfy me but they didn't.

Does music fill the void?

Music is a refuge, only God can fill the void.

The tattoo on your neck what do you think of when you see that every day?

This was going to be my baby's name, Ataahua. It means beautiful in Maori. A lot of stuff happened I don't want to go into (a miscarriage). It's something that happened in my life, I put it on my neck to remind me that regardless of what happened it's something I can use to my advantage. I have so much to write about.

Are you getting feedback from people who relate to your life?

This woman in New Zealand came up to me and said her son is 19 and he was raped when he was younger. She told me "He listened to your story, he tried to commit suicide, now he's got a hope". She was a single mother with 10 kids and they were treated like how my dad used to beat us. I just started to cry. Sometimes I forget and I think "Am I even doing anything worthwhile?"

That was God reminding me "You're here for a purpose". People need healing. God has called me and given me a gift. I'm not going to be ashamed to use it for God. People's lives have been changed since I decided to make a stand. I didn't do anything. All I did was say yes to God.

Where would you be if you hadn't found God?

I'd probably still be a bum trying to find myself and just dreaming, never let it become reality.

You've said the film Once Were Warriors is like a documentary of your life . . .

There's no exaggeration in that movie. It was for us. When Grace got raped, it's all real. That happens every day. That's the norm for a lot of indigenous cultures. I love watching it, it reminds me of where I've come from. All of that pain and suffering I've been through adds character to my life. I've learnt from my circumstances. It's created somewhat of a warrior.

Introducing Stan Walker (Sony) out now.

credit source : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/stan-walker-credits-god-for-transforming-his-life-and-his-australian-idol-success/story-e6frf9hf-1225811434400
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Re: [17.12.09] Stan Walker credits God for transforming his life and his Australian Idol success

Post by sarahbunny on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:15 pm

its a beautiful interview :)
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Re: [17.12.09] Stan Walker credits God for transforming his life and his Australian Idol success

Post by RobynO99 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:20 pm

On another thread we discussed Cameron's attitude to Idol alumni - I think this answers the question of his attitude to Stan.
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:05 pm

RobynH99 wrote:On another thread we discussed Cameron's attitude to Idol alumni - I think this answers the question of his attitude to Stan.

I see CA is very interested in Stan's perception of God, his spirituality and most of all in how those two strong elements of his personality drag him out of the dark...

Stan emanates positive, powerful vibrations when he speaks about God and how he has overcome his ordeal... I feel drawn

Last edited by Simona7 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:17 pm

OMG! This interview is so honest - so real, it made me cry... u humble me Stan xx
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 pm

OK - I'm dropping a bombshell here - I am an atheist - HOWEVER I respect Stan's faith and am glad it turned his life around.

Whatever works, is my view!
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 pm

yes Robyn whatever works for people I am happy for them! I am agnostic I do believe there is something in this world do not know if it is god or a higher being..but I love it that it helped Stan and his family..and I do belive Cameron likes our Stan that was a wonderful interview
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm

KrystaBel wrote:OMG! This interview is so honest - so real, it made me cry... u humble me Stan xx

i'm with you krystaBel Stan is such a humble guy & he is so real...I love the article i read it earlier today and it brought a tear to my eyes aswell.xx

😢
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:46 pm

I am catholic but lost my focus long time ago... my conscience now lays better with the Buddhist vision... having said, that Stan’s charisma is overwhelming... I definitely feel his vocation

Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Simona7 wrote:I am catholic but lost my focus long time ago... my conscience now lays better with the Buddhist vision... having said, that Stan’s charisma is overwhelming... I definitely feel his vocation

Yay for buddhism!
    I have a christian background but was originally raised a buddhist by my Thai mum Oh, Really?)
    I use to fang around the temples waving my joss sticks and putting gold leaf on the statues.

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 pm

So fascinating Linda... I’m not converted yet... but I'm gathering all the resources to start off with Buddhism... having said that... and repeating myself (sorry ) when I listen to Stan speaking about his believes and his found strength in god ... I feel like home... you know what I mean... He has the power of connecting with people... I sense that a lot! Especially in this interview!

Anyone feeling the same? Or not all?

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 pm

ngaaww , simply beautifull :) .. x
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Yep, I'm feeling the same. I haven't been to a church in OH SO LONG and I've been feeling a niggle to reconnect.
    I'm not sure if it's a temporary thing or not but a friend of mine is very active in the church and would gladly show me the way. She tells me that Stan is a member of her church and I'm tempted but I know if I went now it wouldn't be genuine (know what I mean?)
    Maybe when I'm over this nutty phase of being a Stan Fan I might take her up on her offer and attend some services with her...

todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Simona7 wrote:So fascinating Linda... I’m not converted yet... but I'm gathering all the resources to start off with Buddhism... having said that... and repeating myself (sorry ) when I listen to Stan speaking about his believes and his found strength in god ... I feel like home... you know what I mean... He has the power of connecting with people... I sense that a lot! Especially in this interview!

Anyone feeling the same? Or not all?

I want to believe and have my whole life.....I want to believe that there is a higher power watching out after good people with so many religions its hard to know which one is right......i still have come to no firm decision.....all i do is hope that one bible principle stands true at the end......there will be no more suffering....no more pain and no more tears,the blind see the deaf hear the crippled walk, all that is bad will be wiped away.......how can anybody not hope for that.....and as far as stans beliefs go......its a joy to see someone who has faith..an inspiration ....i just have the hope of faith...and i pray everyday.....i dont need a church or a religion to have hope in the bible or love what god promises...i am rambling......stoppin now...lol...;0)....deb
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Deb ... I do love your take on everything discussed on this forum...

you have the same effect Stan has on me ....as in... charisma, karma, inspiraton... call it want you like! but got me sista!....
    I'd love to see one of your soulful-karma thread in the random section.... your uplifting views are a needed here... look foward to it

ps. did i menton that I love Stan Walker

shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:54 pm

ok i'm dropping my own doggy bombshell, i'm a commited Christian. I know what Stan's heart is, it is very much aligned to mine, i would hope. Unlike Guy sebastian, Stan is way more vocal about his faith than Guy's, and the fact that he wants to bring out a gospel album as well, just shows that too. My own experiences in life before turning to Christ, I cant say that i was in such a terrible state as Stan's, but I can testify of the presence of God, and His Spirit changing me for the better :). And ever since i always wanted to share that with people. So i'm suuuuuper excited about Stan being open about his faith, so he can share it. Imagine you found Gold in a mine, and there was soo much gold that you wouldn't know what to do with it. YOu will tell your family and friends about it, so they can partake of the riches too. When you find a beautiful gift and you are able to share it with people, you want to tell everyone about it, it would be robbery not too. THis is what it is like having a "relationship" with God, (like stan states in his interview). its so beautiful, that you want to share it with everyone. So I very much believe that Stan wants to share that with people.
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Simona7 wrote:Deb ... I do love your take on everything discussed on this forum...

you have the same effect Stan has on me ....as in... charisma, karma, inspiraton... call it want you like! but got me sista!....
    I'd love to see one of your soulful-karma thread in the random section.... your uplifting views are a needed here... look foward to it

ps. did i menton that I love Stan Walker

thanks simo i feel the same way about you i have said it all along stan fans rock..you are a natural type of friend honest fun lovin a bit hyper i am glad we were both on team stan and got to typin...............you remind me a lot of the friends i do have......down to earth understanding accepting......except of course none of us are down to earth when it comes to stan.....we all float.....smilin.....will do the karmaish thread in random........lol and i would never have guessed you love stan walker you hide it so well......NOOOOOOOT......;0)..and i know you know i adorrrrrrrre stan the man.....deb
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 pm

shoooshoo wrote:ok i'm dropping my own doggy bombshell, i'm a commited Christian. I know what Stan's heart is, it is very much aligned to mine, i would hope. Unlike Guy sebastian, Stan is way more vocal about his faith than Guy's, and the fact that he wants to bring out a gospel album as well, just shows that too. My own experiences in life before turning to Christ, I cant say that i was in such a terrible state as Stan's, but I can testify of the presence of God, and His Spirit changing me for the better :). And ever since i always wanted to share that with people. So i'm suuuuuper excited about Stan being open about his faith, so he can share it. Imagine you found Gold in a mine, and there was soo much gold that you wouldn't know what to do with it. YOu will tell your family and friends about it, so they can partake of the riches too. When you find a beautiful gift and you are able to share it with people, you want to tell everyone about it, it would be robbery not too. THis is what it is like having a "relationship" with God, (like stan states in his interview). its so beautiful, that you want to share it with everyone. So I very much believe that Stan wants to share that with people.

I think stan can reach unreachables and build bridges.....we need more bridges in the world....to unite people no matter what they believe......and for people to feel strong enough to stand up and say what they believe in without fear or ridicule.....stan is strong enough to stand up...and so are you and that is a graceful way to live...hugs to ya..deb
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:14 pm

hey shoooshoo so lovely to see you here!

Thank you for your beautiful post. I personally understood the point you are making... actually... the point you and Stan are making... It's inspiring and I feel goodness coming right out of it! as in, good vibration coming from it and going into my spirit.

I find Stan's admission about his believes emotional and uplifting... that is for me, my point of view. It just makes me happy to hear/read about his difficult life journey and how he got passed the dark hour to finally come out in the light.

I can't think of anyone better then him as ambassador for broken people. CA asked what he meant about "broken" ... some of us don't need to know the answer... that's where the power of Stan's message lays.... in my humble opinion.

what are your feelings guys?

todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Simona7 wrote:hey shoooshoo so lovely to see you here!

Thank you for your beautiful post. I personally understood the point you are making... actually... the point you and Stan are making... It's inspiring and I feel goodness coming right out of it! as in, good vibration coming from it and going into my spirit.

I find Stan's admission about his believes emotional and uplifting... that is for me, my point of view. It just makes me happy to hear/read about his difficult life journey and how he got passed the dark hour to finally come out in the light.

I can't think of anyone better then him as ambassador for broken people. CA asked what he meant about "broken" ... some of us don't need to know the answer... that's where the power of Stan's message lays.... in my humble opinion.

i agree simo....i just wrote something about this exact thing a poem in random for you... as a karma thing and for jo who kindly said she liked my verses....so i wrote it.....stan is inspiring and i think broken describes the whole world...it is broken....needs fixin with sunlight......stan is sunlight......cloudy days seem brighter when you hear him sing dontcha think....smilin.....deb
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:19 am

thank you shooshoo for sharing and for all you girls/guys..I think when the time is right for some you will know it I am sure..xx
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:14 am

I feel as you do Simo.. that sence of "home" when Stans speaks of his faith and strength in God - and Ive said it before Im not a God botherer, but I think if you've been raised with Christian principles as a child, then move on in life, you question ur belief systems (certainly where religion is concerned) and I guess new choices are made - to believe or not to believe.

Stan, with his amazing and beautiful talent has this incredible power that touches our hearts.. reaches in to our soul, and there is comfort in that familiar place..."home" (Simo).
    This humble and gentle young man, our Stan, has without question this incredible ability to connect with EVERY person... we feel his story...we feel his love... we feel his faith...we look inside ourselves and we FEEL.

eeek..sorry, have written a book Big Smile
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:17 am

Whoa.......that was toooootally awesome! ☀

I am humbled by the power of that interview....very stong energy, uplifting, inspirational, loooooved it.....surrounded by peace, hope....everything good in life.......fresh, honest...nice one Stan!

Interesting viewpoints everyone......keep them coming....looooove to read them. Wink

Ooooohhhh Deb.......I love the things you write......so beautiful....I am left speechless....write a book. ❤

Taichi
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Simona7 wrote:hey shoooshoo so lovely to see you here!

Hey Simona, thanks for the thumbs up, also you are a hardcore facebook blogger :)
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 am

omg, this is a beautiful interview.
    see, this is what i love about stan.
    he's not afraid to express his love for Jesus.
    "Music is a refuge, only God can fill the void."

Last edited by LASERAsmiles on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm