Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Stan VS Anthony

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Re: Stan VS Anthony

Post by Simona on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred

ps. Sarah I wasn't having a go at ya just expressing my view, sorry if I gave the wrong impression

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Nah that's alrite Simona I know you wernt I was just clearing it up I don't have anything against gay people. :)
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 am

Hi guys I haven't posted in a while ,sowwy about that. Ok onto Stan , he is singing this song from the heart and means very much to him , as for Anthony I don't know what the song means tohim, nor did I actually whatch his performance hehehe so by default stand version is better hehehe. I didn't actually watch Anthony on idol but I did purchase his cd many years back because I heard everyone talking about his version of the 'prayer' so I went and bought his cd . I actually haven't listened to his cd very much because I really find the way he sings is really annoying sowwy Anthony about that, I think the guy has an awesome voice but it's just the way he uses it he just seems to dramatize everything. Hehe sowwy don't mean to turn this into a Anthony bashing .

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 am

ahahaaa , yaaahhhh for stan ! Big Smile
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:13 am

I find AC quite irritating LOL and abrasive. that's bad huh?
    LMAO

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 am

shoooshoo wrote:Hi guys I haven't posted in a while ,sowwy about that. Ok onto Stan , he is singing this song from the heart and means very much to him , as for Anthony I don't know what the song means tohim, nor did I actually whatch his performance hehehe so by default stand version is better hehehe. I didn't actually watch Anthony on idol but I did purchase his cd many years back because I heard everyone talking about his version of the 'prayer' so I went and bought his cd . I actually haven't listened to his cd very much because I really find the way he sings is really annoying sowwy Anthony about that, I think the guy has an awesome voice but it's just the way he uses it he just seems to dramatize everything. Hehe sowwy don't mean to turn this into a Anthony bashing .

hey shooo

Yes, i think we are all on the same page with the interpretation of Amazing Grace by Stan.... We love it and keep it very close to our heart as it has a special place and meaning for Stan. We might be biased or maybe it's just the style of singing we prefer.
    When you said AC dramatise everything it made me think of ... Sabrina from this year idol top12. she is an amazing singer but many ppl found her acting on stage to dramatic maybe?.... I liked her singing slow ballads but never being a fan of her performances as for AC. Outstanding voices but cheese performers.

shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

Simona7 wrote:
    shoooshoo wrote:Hi guys I haven't posted in a while ,sowwy about that. Ok onto Stan , he is singing this song from the heart and means very much to him , as for Anthony I don't know what the song means tohim, nor did I actually whatch his performance hehehe so by default stand version is better hehehe. I didn't actually watch Anthony on idol but I did purchase his cd many years back because I heard everyone talking about his version of the 'prayer' so I went and bought his cd . I actually haven't listened to his cd very much because I really find the way he sings is really annoying sowwy Anthony about that, I think the guy has an awesome voice but it's just the way he uses it he just seems to dramatize everything. Hehe sowwy don't mean to turn this into a Anthony bashing .

hey shooo

Yes, i think we are all on the same page with the interpretation of Amazing Grace by Stan.... We love it and keep it very close to our heart as it has a special place and meaning for Stan. We might be biased or maybe it's just the style of singing we prefer.
    When you said AC dramatise everything it made me think of ... Sabrina from this year idol top12. she is an amazing singer but many ppl found her acting on stage to dramatic maybe?.... I liked her singing slow ballads but never being a fan of her performances as for AC. Outstanding voices but cheese performers.

yeah...of course we are not biased! :)
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm

have a great new year Shooshoo! of course we are bias, but to be honest Anthony does nothing for me music wise, his version of amazing grace does not have the same heart as Stan's. I listened to a famous black preacher from the USA who told the story of 'amazing grace' and then did the song with no music..brilliant..because it meant something to him and of course it means something to Stan
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh I agree, I like "some" drama in songs but the Sabrina and Ac's of idol kind of make me cringe a little when they went over the top. I didn't mind Sabrina actually but she was a little over the top. AC was dramamtic on another sense I guess.

Some *acting* is needed to make a performance stand out (ie: anger in the nothing else matters for Stan) but a little too much tends to make you want to change channels!

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:41 pm

josephineperrot wrote: I listened to a famous black preacher from the USA who told the story of 'amazing grace' and then did the song with no music..brilliant..because it meant something to him and of course it means something to Stan

I actually listened to that too josie during the week prior to Stan performance of Amazing Grace on Idol Show. It made me cry, it was gorgeous and I couldn't help myself so I sent it to Stan on FB by PM with a short message attached saying "let's bring music back where it belongs" I know that is Stan's credo and I wanted to let him know that his fans understood his vision. Meaningful, profound, soulful music.

Here is the Wintley Phipps video. It is amazing, needs to be listened and watched

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:59 pm

WOW thanks simo for sharing that, he was amazing...thats song always brings tears to my eyes...
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey guys I found the passage that inspired amazing grace, it's from Luke 15:11. Then Jesus said, "A man had two sons.12 The younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of the estate that will belong to me.' So he divided his assets between them.13 After a few days, the younger son gathered together all he had and left on a journey to a distant country, and there he squandered his wealth with a wild lifestyle.14 Then after he had spent everything, a severe famine took place in that country, and he began to be in need.15 So he went and worked for one of the citizens of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.16 He was longing to eat the carob pods the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.17 But when he came to his senses he said, 'How many of my father's hired workers have food enough to spare, but here I am dying from hunger!18 I will get up and go to my father and say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; treat me like one of your hired workers."'20 So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way from home his father saw him, and his heart went out to him; he ran and hugged his son and kissed him.21 Then his son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'22 But the father said to his slaves, 'Hurry! Bring the best robe, and put it on him! Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet!23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it! Let us eat and celebrate,24 because this son of mine was dead, and is alive again - he was lost and is found!' So they began to celebrate.25 "Now his older son was in the field. As he came and approached the house, he heard music and dancing.26 So he called one of the slaves and asked what was happening.27 The slave replied, 'Your brother has returned, and your father has killed the fattened calf because he got his son back safe and sound.'28 But the older son became angry and refused to go in. His father came out and appealed to him,29 but he answered his father, 'Look! These many years I have worked like a slave for you, and I never disobeyed your commands. Yet you never gave me even a goat so that I could celebrate with my friends!30 But when this son of yours came back, who has devoured your assets with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!'31 Then the father said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and everything that belongs to me is yours.32 It was appropriate to celebrate and be glad, for your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost and is found.'"
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:27 pm

thats lovely shooshoo! thank you for the post, I was brought religious and even though I am not now I love the passages of the bible some versus are very beautiful and have so much meaning when you think of today's world.
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:04 pm

The actual last sentence is in the lyrics... Thanks shooo! It validates the fact that amazing grace is such a profund and soulful song. Stan owns it!

kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Shooshoo,
    for the interpretation of Amazing Grace.
    You must have more to share my friend!!!
    Keep it coming,love reading anything that strikes a cord.
    God bless

kaha
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by kaha on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 am

thanks for sharing that simo - sent shivers down my spine. i have always loved amazing grace and hearing stan sing it on idol after hearing his story bought tears to my eyes.

he is a huge inspiration to so many people

answering your question - without a doubt stans version is so much better than anthony callea (but then again i cant stand him!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm