Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Australian Idol Winner Albums

Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Australian Idol Winner Albums

Post by Hikoi on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Australian Idol Winners Albums 2003-2009

(2003) Guy Sebastian "Just As I Am" 6xPlatinum
    Shannon Noll* Runner-up

(2004) Casey Donovan "For You" 3xPlatinum
    Anthony Callea* Runner-up

(2005) Kate DeAraugo "A Place I've Never Been" Platinum
    Emily Williams* Runner-up

(2006) Damien Leith "The Winners Journey" 4xPlatinum
    Jessica Mauboy* Runner-up

(2007) Natalie Gauci "Winners Journey" Platinum
    Matt Corby* Runner-up

(2008) Wes Carr "The Way the World Looks-Under The Influence" Gold
    Luke Dickens* Runner-up

(2009) Stan Walker "Introducing Stan Walker" Platinum (01/01/10)
    Hayley Warner* Runner-up

<Gold> 35,000 units, <Platinum> 70,000 units

sources:ariacharts.com.au, wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_releases_from_Australian_Idol_contestants,<Stan Album Image>ozmusicsecene.com

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : mistakes galore!)
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Re: Australian Idol Winner Albums

Post by sarahbunny on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Cool thanks looks like Natalie has done the worst she didn't even go platinum hopefully Stan can go 2x platinum in Aus and go 3x in NZ Big Smile winners journey album never go the best hopefully his next album goes even better :)
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:04 pm

thanks Hikoi for the post, its very interesting read.... :)

Post by Ataahua on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 pm

thx Hikoi :)

what I am also interested in, and I should point it out here: I've read comments from ppl elsewhere saying how 'rushed' Stan's album jacket looks. but as Hikoi's post will show, all of the Idols' first albums are simple and therefore look 'rushed.' ppl need to get over minor things like that.

STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:10 am

thanks Hikoi for the info, like Tes I have read some comments on always the idol journey album is rushed out but I can understand why they do that. They have to keep th fans keen on the winner. Guy sold his album as well in NZ, I do not think the rest did not sure about that though. One it was shown in NZ and a couple of years later NZ tv stopped showing aussie idol and only showed the American idol this year was the first time since Casey Donovan won idol they have shown it again in NZ. I think Stan's cover is the best looking cover lol..bias I know but he looks beautiful
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 am

Would also be interesting to know have the formulas changed over that period for awarding Gold and Platinum. For instance I am pretty sure I read somewhere about some changes in the NZ calculations over that time. We are talking 6 years here.

I whacked my sister over the head (figuratively speaking) about Stan yesterday - she lives in Hobart, refuses to get naturalised (still a kiwi) and follows the NZ netball team religiously - but knew nothing about Stan!!!! So I sent her out to buy the album immediately! LOL
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 am

RobynH99 wrote:Would also be interesting to know have the formulas changed over that period for awarding Gold and Platinum. For instance I am pretty sure I read somewhere about some changes in the NZ calculations over that time. We are talking 6 years here.

Thanks for pointing that out Robyn, I didnt give it a second thought when I put those totals up! Thats important! Big Smile

Hi Robyn, ent back and had a look... heres what I found...

A music single or album qualifies for a platinum certification if it exceeds 70,000 copies shipped to retailers and a gold certification for 35,000 copies shipped. The amount of trade sales to earn a Gold or Platinum accreditation was reduced to these amounts in 1989 after previously being 100,000 copies for platinum and 50,000 copies for gold. Originally applied to LP records, this ARIA certification is now most commonly awarded for compact disc sales and legal digital downloads.

source:http://wapedia.mobi/en/ARIA_Charts

Last edited by Hikoi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : answer question)
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks hikoi nice work!
    I found strange that Damien's album was only platinum when I recall reading somewhere that he sold 300,000 copies... that's just over 4xplatinum isn't it?

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Simona wrote:Thanks hikoi nice work!
    I found strange that Damien's album was only platinum when I recall reading somewhere that he sold 300,000 copies... that's just over 4xplatinum isn't it?

I went back and double checked against 2 sources! The first (original)one, said 1xplatinum, the second one did say
    The album was certified platinum on its first week release, and was certified four times platinum on its second week. It remained the number one album on the ARIA Charts for five weeks, and remained in the top ten for a total of ten weeks.[1]

What a Face lol I'm such a ditz! I'll change it... :oops: Now I know to check with 2 sources! thanx
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Simona wrote:Thanks hikoi nice work!

hellooooo simo happy freakin new year to ya...xxxxx.....hugs as well.....where did stan write that little snippet you have on yoru comment???? did you have a wonderful chrissy?...hugses...deb

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Hikoi wrote:Australian Idol Winners Albums 2003-2009

(2003) Guy Sebastian "Just As I Am" 4xPlatinum
    Shannon Noll* Runner-up

(2004) Casey Donovan "For You" 2xPlatinum
    Anthony Callea* Runner-up

(2005) Kate DeAraugo "A Place I've Never Been" Platinum
    Emily Williams* Runner-up

(2006) Damien Leith "The Winners Journey" 4xPlatinum
    Jessica Mauboy* Runner-up

(2007) Natalie Gauci "Winners Journey" Gold
    Matt Corby* Runner-up

(2008) Wes Carr "The Way the World Looks-Under The Influence" Platinum
    Luke Dickens* Runner-up

(2009) Stan Walker "Introducing Stan Walker" Platinum (01/01/10)
    Hayley Warner* Runner-up

<Gold> 35,000 units, <Platinum> 70,000 units

sources:ariacharts.com.au, wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_releases_from_Australian_Idol_contestants,<Stan Image>ozmusicsecene.com
    The accreditations for four of those albums are wrong. Aria is the only official source for correct accreditations. Guy's first album is 6 times platinum.
    Just As I Am Guy Sebastian BMG 6xPlatinum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    It actually sold 480,000 copies. Just 10,000 short of 7 times platinum. The highest selling Australian Idol album.

Sony Indonesia

JUST AS I AM – released December 8 2003
    · Number 1 Chart debut and for four consecutive weeks
    · Highest ever album sales in one week for ANY album in Australian chart history*(*includes local, international, solo acts, groups, soundtracks & compilations)
    · First week ship of 350,000 units
    · over 480,000 units sold in Australia (6 x Platinum)

The Age: Everyone's a Winner.
    November 21, 2004

It worked, too. His debut, Just As I Am, has sold 480,000 copies. Last year's Idol runner-up Shannon Noll has done well, too, selling 340,000 copies of his album. All up, BMG shifted 2 million units of Idol-related merchandise - singles, albums, DVDs - last year, with a total value of $30 million.

Casey's album is 3 times platinum.
    Casey Donovan For You SBME 3xPlatinum

Natalie's album is Platinum.
    Natalie Gauci The Winner's Journey SBME PLATINUM

Wes Carr's album is Gold.
    Wes Carr The Way The World Looks Plus Under The Influence EP SME GOLD

You have Damien's and Stan's correct though.

Edited. And I just checked your wiki source and it is EXACTLY as ARIA and I say.

You seemed to have been checking the singles section instead of the album section. The wikipedia lists for singles put the song name in the first column, the album it comes from in the 5th column and the accreditation in the 6th column. Hence you gave Angels Brought Me Here's accreditation as Guy's album accreditation, Listen With Your Heart's accredition as Casey's album accreditation, etc. You need to scroll down further to the section devoted to albums to find the correct accreditations for them.

Edited.
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:42 am

Thanks Sammy and Hikoi ...your work is stellar

Wiki can be tricky sometime but what a great research was done! thanks so much for all the clarifications.

I see stan has a long way to go to reach Guy's "record" LOL for now he is doing outstanding battling up with SuBo

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:02 am

Simona wrote:Thanks Sammy and Hikoi ...your work is stellar

Wiki can be tricky sometime but what a great research was done! thanks so much for all the clarifications.

I see stan has a long way to go to reach Guy's "record" LOL for now he is doing outstanding battling up with SuBo
    The first year had extraordinary sales. Not just for Guy, but also for Shannon, and even some of the others. Even the Final 12 album went double platinum. Guess that is the thing about being the first year. The sales dropped back a lot after that, with the exception of Damien's Winner's Journey. Even though Casey went 3 times Platinum she actually only sold about half of them. But once accreditation is given, it is not taken away.

Yes Susan is a monumental obstacle at the moment. She has beaten Guy's one week sales record by around 1,300 units, and is certainly selling bucketloads. But I reckon her sales will die down pretty fast now xmas is over. Stan is doing well with Black Box. I reckon it will be high on the Australian artist end of year singles chart and also in the overall chart. Also his album should do well in the Aussie artist end of year chart, even though it was only released a few weeks ago. ARIA will post the End Of Year Charts later on today.
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:26 am

Thanks Sammy and everyone for picking up on that! :0: :lol:

Finally fixed it! arghhh.... :pirat:

Last edited by Hikoi on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thanx)
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Shannon Noll looks for new recording label after parting with Sony who signed him after Australian Idol

By Kathy McCabe, Music Editor * From: The Daily Telegraph* January 05, 2010 7:39AM

Shannon Noll
    In search of new recording deal .. Shannon Noll has been released by Sony after he was signed when a finalist in Australian Idol.Picture: Katrina Tepper Source: The Daily Telegraph

SHANNON Noll will shop his talents to a new label after parting with the record company which signed him after he made the Australian Idol finals in 2003.

Noll said yesterday that after completing his deal with Sony, it was time for a fresh start.

Idol winners and other finalists the label chooses to sign are obligated to produce three records and a best-of compilation unless Sony drops them because of lacklustre sales.

Ricki-Lee Coulter and Joel Turner are the only former finalists to achieve significant sales as independent artists after leaving the show.

Noll released his greatest hits collection No Turning Back in 2008 and was released from his deal on Christmas Eve.

"It was great while it lasted and Sony were terrific to work with but it's time to take some risks," he said.

"When I came to Sydney to audition all those years ago, it was a stab in the dark.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    Related Coverage

* Six seasons of Australian Idol NEWS.com.au,
    * Readers' Comments: Australian Idol goes her own way Adelaide Now,
    * Australian Idol goes her own way NEWS.com.au, 30 Aug 2009
    * Hard slog from Idol glory Herald Sun, 22 Aug 2009
    * Noll place like home NEWS.com.au, 12 Jul 2009

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"Now I am confident I've got the experience and the knowledge to freshen things up and I'm looking forward to the future with real excitement."

Noll spent most of last year trying to gain a foothold in overseas markets, touring with the War of The Worlds stage show as well as performing his own gigs in the UK.

The former farmer from Condobolin said he had the full backing of his wife and family to take the risky move of splitting with Sony.

He also sought advice from veteran performer Jimmy Barnes - the pair are currently touring regional Australia together - who has had his ups and downs with the business side of a music career.

"He reckoned it was time for me to start again and finally leave the Idol thing behind me for good," Noll said.

"I'm going to find the best place for me because I feel like I'm holding the cards for the first time in a long time."

Noll is not the only big name shifting camps in 2010.

Tim Freedman has taken The Whitlams from Warners to Sony and the Hoodoo Gurus will also release their next studio record on that label.

source:http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Hikoi wrote:Shannon Noll looks for new recording label after parting with Sony who signed him after Australian Idol

Idol winners and other finalists the label chooses to sign are obligated to produce three records and a best-of compilation unless Sony drops them because of lacklustre sales.

Noll released his greatest hits collection No Turning Back in 2008 and was released from his deal on Christmas Eve.

does that mean Stan has to release 3 albums and a best-of compilation too? and Hayley too? she's been signed to Sony .......but I thought that if you were runner up and get a contract with Sony you would have a different deal compared to the winner... so, for those who whished Hailey the runner up position to get a better/indipendent recording deal it must had been a disappointment

Also, Noll was signed in 2003 right? Did it take him 6 years to release the 3 albums + compilation OR did he bring out more than 3 albums?

RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Good questions, Simo. I thought the initital contract would be for 12 months, but I'm sure Sammy can come up with the correct information for us.

Then again, the recording contract and the management contract are two different things, so who knows WHAT the score is!
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am

from what we know from the article I posted that Stan had a different type of contract compared to other idols, so be interesting what kind of contract it was? I would think it would be still so many albums in so many years type contract, so that if he fails in sales they can let him go! I did not realise that Sony had Subo on their list I think it is with another record company as well? maybe Sammy will tell us that as well..his a darling

crazzycat
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by crazzycat on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

not bad albums i think
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Simona wrote:Also, Noll was signed in 2003 right? Did it take him 6 years to release the 3 albums + compilation OR did he bring out more than 3 albums?

simo he brought out a few more than that.
    Link for Shannon Noll [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What About Me
    Released 01.26.04

That's What I'm Talking About
    Released 02.09.04

Up Close (DVD)
    Released 10.04.04

Drive
    Released 04.19.04

Learn To Fly
    Released 07.05.04
    Learn To Fly" is the third smash hit to be lifted from the 4 x Platinum selling and ARIA #1 album That's What I'm Talking About.

C'mon Aussie C'mon
    Released 12.19.04

Shine
    Released 09.23.05

Lift
    Released 10.16.05

Lift (single)
    Released 12.04.05

Now I Run
    Released 04.22.06
    'Now I Run' is the third single

Lonely
    Released 08.26.06
    Hot on the heels of 'Now I Run', Shannon Noll returns with the fourth titanic single,

Don't Give Up
    Released 09.12.06
    Performed by Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte, 'Don't Give Up' is the lead single from the new homegrown compilation 'Home: Songs Of Hope And Journey'.

Loud
    Released 09.01.07
    'LOUD' is the blistering debut single from Shannon Noll's forthcoming album 'Turn It Up'

Turn It Up
    Released 09.15.07

In Pieces
    Released 11.24.07
    In Pieces' is the second single from Shannon Noll's already platinum album 'Turn It Up

What Matters The Most
    Released 05.04.09
    What Matters The Most is Shannon Noll's first album to be released in the UK and Ireland. It features a mix of his hit singles plus previously unreleased material.

Solid Rock
    Released 08.31.09
    Indigenous hip hop crew Street Warriors have teamed up with Shannon Noll on a cover version of Aussie rock classic -- ‘Solid Rock’
    loggie4eva
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by loggie4eva on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm

I have to pick up on something though, Wes Carr's album you have listed there isn't a winners single it's his OWN stuff, they decided to give that a rest that year because they thought it might not work with Wes and they should just get him straight onto writing his own music.
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:04 am

Have a look at the album cover, originally it was his own stuff,
    but then it was re-released with the idol performances which was titled "under the influence"... Its right down the bottom of the cover in smaller leters. jumping jumping

Last edited by Hikoi on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot my smilies! very important!)
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:48 am

That was interesting on all counts.....
    Thanx Hikoi for the new topic...
    Thank you for your info Sammy....

Was wondering wot had happened to Shannon Nolls....great to see he's been further afield and looks like doing real well....not surprised that he's taking risks....nice one Shannon!

Wheres Kate and Natalie now??????
    Wot are they doing????
    Wots become of Casey???
    Where's Emily????

So not up with it.....but learning fast...lol:)

Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 am