Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

I am living the dream, says Kiwi Idol

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

I am living the dream, says Kiwi Idol

Post by Simona on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 am

I am living the dream says, Kiwi Idol

The Dominion Post

Kiwi Australian Idol winner Stan Walker was greeted by screaming fans at a free concert at The Warehouse.
    The 19-year-old dropped into the Porirua branch yesterday afternoon to sing and to sign autographs.
    Walker, who won Australian Idol in November, worked in a menswear shop in Coolangatta before his win. Part of the Idol prize was a $200,000 development fund and contract with Sony Music.
    Elizabeth Mundy, of Porirua, said meeting Walker was the highlight of her year.
    "He's such an inspiration to young Maori, to everyone really. He's been my idol and I got his CD from my sons for Christmas."
    Ms Mundy, 55, waited 2½ hours with the crowds to meet Walker and have her T-shirt signed.
    "I said to my sons, 'today from three till six is my date with Stan' and I wasn't to be interrupted."
    Walker said he was trying to enjoy the ride and not to focus on commercial success.
    "If you get caught up in trying to be No1 and trying to be this and that, then you are going to lose yourself. I just did the best I could and prayed that God would have his way – whatever happens, happens – and that I'd be proud that I even got there in the first place.
    "There are so many people who get let down from a false hope. You cannot guarantee that it will be a No1 or even be in the top 10."
    Regardless, he has enjoyed huge success since his Idol win. His debut single, Black Box, reached No 1 in the radio charts last month, earning platinum status.
    He recorded the album – which consists mainly of soul, gospel and rock covers – in just two days.
    Dealing with the pressures of his new-found fame and fortune had been a steep learning curve for the young singer.
    "I have become used to it. I had to get used to it straight away ... I'm living my dream," he said.
    Melbourne-born and New Zealand-raised, Walker grew up in Tauranga and Hamilton before heading back to Australia to pursue his music career.
    He is one of five children in a musical family and is a committed Christian.

credit source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/3277390/I-m-living-my-dream-says-Kiwi-Idol

Last edited by Simona on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Re: I am living the dream, says Kiwi Idol

Post by QueenTiger on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:54 am

OMG thanks simo for the post....what an awesome article.. I wonder what he sang does anyone know...

STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Awesome Stuff! Thanks for sharing that Simona.
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Thank you Simona! Lovely article. Very grounded young man.
    toottifruitti
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by toottifruitti on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi just received the same article from a kiwi friend.
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:51 pm

thanks simo :)
    hahaha.. Ms Mundy is funny..
    "today from three till six is my date with Stan' and I wasn't to be interrupted." hahaha nawww.
    mmm, glad to know he's living his dream :)
    "If you get caught up in trying to be No1 and trying to be this and that, then you are going to lose yourself. I just did the best I could and prayed that God would have his way – whatever happens, happens – and that I'd be proud that I even got there in the first place."

awesome.

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:44 am

ngaaawww - he is simply amazzziinnngg :) thanks for this simo
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:07 am

U go Stan....live ur dream big time.....you deserve it.....and....and....and....we deserve to be ur die hard dedicated fans...lol...heartily:)...woohoo!!!

Elizabeth Mundy.....love ur style gurl....

Taichi

Theapril57
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Theapril57 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 am

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I just want to say how much inspiration and hope that Stan has given me. He is just a wonderful young man with a heart of gold and a voice of an angel. Living in the country in the dust and heat its always good to bring u tube up and watch Stan. I have played his album over and over, however I rather watch him perform. When I drive to town my hands are dancing on the steering wheel to either Black Box or Think of Me. Any way I have read all the articles about Stan, thanks for posting all of them. Regards and big hugs and kisses to Stan xxx
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 am

Hi Theapril57, welcome in the forum!

I think the first thing that strucks you about Stan is his voice but then discovering his heart of gold, as you mention, and his ispirational life journey you feel so grateful that people, especially the younger generations, look up to him as their role model. I am in complete awe of this extraordinary young man!

Hope we catch up again in the forum TheApril57. simo

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 am

Hi April! Great name BTW
    My daughter is April as well.
    Glad you are enjoying your time on this site. It's a great place to chat about Stan and make some great friends.
    *big hugs welcome*

Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi and welcome April....so happy you could join us in this Stan luvin' forum.
    Absolutely adore him for many, many reasons....his humbleness really inspires and motivates me to do better with my life in being more considerate of others.
    A rare person indeed with so many excellent qualities....so caring, giving etc...etc...

Shall catch up with you round the forum....hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!!!

Taichi

kazz
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by kazz on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:02 pm

hi April,hope you enjoy all this site has to offer.Its alot better than his official site lol the girls have done a fantastic job Big Smile

Theapril57
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Theapril57 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 am

Wow thanks everyone for the welcome,
    I just so pray Stan breaks out overseas
    you know he has so much charisma
    and of course the best voice since Elvis lol
    anyway thanks again
    regards xxx
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 am

APRIL CUZ!! to Stans State...I know you from You tube ae cuz...haha Keep in touch here coz we support each other big time in our efforts to support Stan ~ our Idol forever!!

Lovely article simo...you da bomb babe!! xo flower

Theapril57
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Theapril57 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:21 am

Hey yep your right Kwina-beautiful its me... have always seen your comments on u tube too. I am a staunch Stan supporter. Why? Well I have lived through the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Woodstock, Elvis, Michael Jackson etc, Stan has got what it takes. He has a resume of life experience before he has even aged, he knows pain, fear, loss, hope, courage, strength, faith and most of all humility and loads of love in his heart.
    Thanks for your welcome. My best wishes to you. In fact my name is Kathleen. Cheers.x
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:31 am

hi April..I remember shopping in the porirua wharehouse..it is so different from the ones they have over here!! glad you got to see Stan..and that your kids did not interrupt you..
    I hope my girls went down and saw him..have to email them tonight
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 am

Awww Kathleen ...nice to meet you gurl!! You are Stans biggest fan and so dedicated for sure!! You have loads of life experience to share with us...and you are right Stan has those beautiful qualities and is so open and honest its just too easy to love him. Hes such a wonderful example to me. Thanks for your best wishes cuz and my best wishes to you always!! We must keep in touch ...now that we have SS and YT..haha...Im looking forward to seeing Stan tomorrow...but I have an annoying cold and sore throat. I'll still go...just not as energetic! But I wudnt miss my lovely Idol! I'll send you a p.m alright cuz!!! Take care and have a look around the forum. You will find theres heaps to comment on.

KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:17 am

Hi April...Stan is definately an inspiration and this Forum is the BEST place to hang out and talk STAN!!

@QT...The article is wrong..Stan did not sing at the Porirua signing, he may have sung on the radio during that interview just prior to his Warehouse appearance! Thks for posting the article Simo..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 pm