Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Huge crowd for Lakeside

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Huge crowd for Lakeside

Post by Simona on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Stan Walker kept the record crowd at Lakeside spellbound as he performed his hit song Little Black Box.

It's being dubbed one of the best Lakeside concerts to date, attracting nearly 40,000 to Rotorua's lakefront village green.
    Australian Idol winner, Kiwi Stan Walker, was a major drawcard and he had people dancing in the aisles and screaming out for an encore.
    Despite the huge number of people, the concert crowd were well behaved and there were no arrests on the village green. Rotorua police made seven arrests for breaches of the liquor ban in the central city.
    Lakeside concert organiser Monty Morrison said the annual event hadn't attracted such huge numbers since the 2000 A Knight With A Dame concert which featured Sir Howard Morrison and Dame Kiri Te Kanawa.
    He was exhilarated by Saturday's success.
    "It has become such an iconic event and the public support is just so humbling," Morrison told The Daily Post.
    This year's theme, Hollywood Goes To Vegas, featured a mixture of both old and new, with entertainers such as Tony Williams, Ray Woolf and Tina Cross joined by Ainslie Allen, Benjamin Makisi and Rotorua's own Elizabeth Marvelly.
    Lakeside artistic director Tim Beveridge said the show had lived up to the theme.
    "I was really happy with it and I thought it was a hot show," he said.
    "I think we had a great mixture [of performers] and I'm so proud of all the guys. New Zealand has got some amazing singers and we saw a lot of them [at Lakeside]."
    Beveridge said there were many memorable moments during the concert, including a tribute by Howard Morrison Jnr to his late father, which drew a standing ovation when he sang Sir Howard's signature song, How Great Thou Art.
    Meanwhile, the headliner, Stan Walker, had to overcome blocked sinuses and a sore throat before taking to the stage in Rotorua - and then had to battle technical difficulties when there were problems with his sound back-up during his song Little Black Box.
    Walker stopped halfway through when the music kept jumping and started over - this time with his brother Mike Walker on an acoustic guitar and his sister-in-law Tammy-Lee Anderson on back-up vocals. The acoustic number was a huge hit with the crowd.
    "It was fun," Walker said of his Lakeside experience. "There is nothing much you can do when something goes wrong."
    Walker said he was also overwhelmed by the powhiri (Maori welcome) he received from local iwi, when he arrived at the venue and had enjoyed performing at the outdoor concert. "The crowd was awesome. I've enjoyed my time here and would love to return again," he said.

credit source: http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/local/news/huge-crowd-for-lakeside/3909385/

SSFF ♥ ♥ ♥ Stan Walker
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Re: Huge crowd for Lakeside

Post by Simona on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:23 pm

I didn't realise he had sinus and sore throat I know about all the other tech probs but he was great! and also Tam, you go girl! love ya voice and you looked gorge!

Big well done to NZ fans! you rock guys! always showing huge support and turning up in big numbers! WTG!
    I'd like to know more about powhiri (Maori Welcome) please. What does involve? is there any dancing, moves, vocals or gifts? As Stan said it must have felt amazing and emotional!

SSFF ♥ ♥ ♥ Stan Walker
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Hey Simo
    I not long read this article as well and Tam was awesome on the video!
    He had a few things go wrong on the night but he flipped it off and kept going. What a performer!
    NZ! you guys are awesome fans too........... well done and I know his acceptance means so much to him since his heart & soul grew up there!
    Well done to everyone!

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 pm

ngaaww - he is the bomb for pulling it off considering having sinuses and a sore throat ..

ooo yess , id like to know more bout the powhiri (Maori Welcome) too - i looked it up and all but id prefer hearing it from someone who knows about it :) ..
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

awwww i didnt know he had a sore throat and sinus problems...he handled it well i couldnt telll, and the music stuffin up ohwell it ended up better in the end..thanks simona
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh ...poor Stan! Well he HAS to perform when he is sick doesnt he!! Hey have you guys ever been to Rotorua??...theres a sulphur smell in the air because of the hot mud pools and thermal activity in the area...its really really strong...hell it stinks....some people cant handle it...Im not saying thats why Stan has sinus problems...it just occurred to me...haha
    oh and Stan had a sore throat...he is so busy...hope hes ok for this weekend!

Howard Morrison Jnr was a groomsman at my wedding...haha...how funny is that...

surfer
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by surfer on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm

WHAT A LOVELY TIME FOR YOU ALL. BEING AN AUSSIE I AM GETTING EDUCATED
    ABOUT NEW ZEALAND ALTHOUGH WE HAVE RELLIES IN BAY OF PLENTY.
    POOR STAN BUT IT SOUNDS AS IF HE HANDLED EVERYTHING LIKE PRO.
    IT SEEMS A LONG TIME AGO WHEN HE WON IDOL.
    CHEERS
    SURFER
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Wow, you'd never have guessed that he wasn't feeling the best during that performance. Just goes to show what a professional he is! He makes everything seem so effortless.

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

ahahaha kiwi - lol @ stinky smell - LMAO !
    jane_gun
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by jane_gun on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Wow, Stan really IS pro - performing so well despite the illness and setbacks... This piece of news really is interesting - on top of what everyone has pointed out before, how coincidental that I should fall sick the same time as Stan and not just the timing, but having the same thing too i.e. sore throat and sinus problems! It all happened not too long after our date on Australia Day - wonder if there was a similar bug lurking around that we happened to catch together or maybe it was the crazy heat that whacked our immune systems?

Ps. Hoping Stan isn't developing a cough (albeit a minor one), which I just started having 1 or 2 days ago...
    radelaide
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by radelaide on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm torn Jane - feel for you that you're unwell (get better soon!) but how exciting that you may have SRW germs?? Dr Jane, surely you can extract them somehow and keep them in a jar???
    jane_gun
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by jane_gun on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Haha, and if I did, what will you do with it? Culture it and spread the "love" around? :p

It's alright; I'm sufficiently content just having the SRW choc pot, hehe...
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Jane I hope you get better real soon..xx..
    and yes Rotorua smells like bad eggs lol but I love the place it has a strange sort of feeling to the place! the two lakes are surreal they remind you of what it must have been like when the dinosaurs roamed this earth..does anyone in kiwiland have that same feeling about Rotorua??
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 am

Oh I adore Rotos...yep it stinks fynest
    'pooooo.. who let rip'..ahaha...but after 10 minutes you get used to it...lmao....for some its longer...
    I love all the lakes in Rotos Jojo..The blue and green lakes especially...and the hot pools and all the scenic places to drive to and enjoy...its a beautiful town!

Jane cuz...are you sure you wernt licking that pot before you washd it...you may have caught stans bug cuz...lucky you!!....ahahahaha...jokes...take care buddy!! xo
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:46 am

LOL@ jane
    I bet you caught the germs from the pot! So you and Stan shared a little more than dessert! bwahahahahaha

kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am

Hey ppls...I just posted Stan concert in Auckland on 'Waitangi Day Concert'....Check it out...I'll come home for that now and flag Hamilton...sorry Wolfy...but Stan and some other stars are doing signings too...I cant wait all day for Stan in Hamz knowing hes up the road from my house...when I say up the road I mean ...hes near Telstra again...so half an hour away from me! xo
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 am

OK I'm looking but I can't find it. Ugh@ me......

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:28 am

I'd love to visit Rotorua one day, sounds affascinating... too bad the stink lol

Stan's middle is Roto... is it anything to do with Roto-rua??

Jane hope you get better soon but how cool you shared da virus with Stan? ahahah simo xx

SSFF ♥ ♥ ♥ Stan Walker
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:56 am

kiwianabananarama wrote:Hey ppls...I just posted Stan concert in Auckland on 'Waitangi Day Concert'....Check it out...I'll come home for that now and flag Hamilton...sorry Wolfy...but Stan and some other stars are doing signings too...I cant wait all day for Stan in Hamz knowing hes up the road from my house...when I say up the road I mean ...hes near Telstra again...so half an hour away from me! xo

Thanks for that Kiwiana.. will check it out...I will send my mum along Hahaha. Since she got Stan's Album for Xmas, she's become a HUGE fan too happy dance
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:02 pm

[quote="KrystaBel"]
    kiwianabananarama wrote:Hey ppls...I just posted Stan concert in Auckland on 'Waitangi Day Concert'....Check it out...I'll come home for that now and flag Hamilton...sorry Wolfy...but Stan and some other stars are doing signings too...I cant wait all day for Stan in Hamz knowing hes up the road from my house...when I say up the road I mean ...hes near Telstra again...so half an hour away from me! xo

Thanks for that Kiwiana.. will check it out...I will send my mum along Hahaha. Since she got Stan's Album for Xmas, she's become a HUGE fan too happy dance[/quote

Ummm gf...where is the post? Need the Auckland details..sorry I must be blind!! Cant see it in Tours and Appearances.. LOL Thks
    jane_gun
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by jane_gun on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Haha, yeah, looks like Stan and I really did share more than dessert, lol... I'm getting better day by day; it's just the silly cough remaining at the moment - how bad does it look to be coughing in front of your patients and consultants?! :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content