Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Stan's Backing Band

toottifruitti
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Re: Stan's Backing Band

Post by toottifruitti on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

This may be a silly question but who is in Stan's backing band? Are they singers and musos that Sony got together?

cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:37 pm

toottifruitti wrote:This may be a silly question but who is in Stan's backing band? Are they singers and musos that Sony got together?

Mike (Stans older bro) is the guitarist, Ashley (BV's) is a Back Up Vocalist on Idol, Russ (older bro) has done backing vocals as well at some of Stan's NZ gigs as well as being the band's percussionist & Tammy (BV's) is Stan's sister-in-law & both Taya and Sidney (stans original BVs and incidentally Sidney is his cousin) auditioned for the roles respectively.. dont know the dude on keyboard though.. Not too sure who put it all together whether it was Sony or Stan himself. Mind you, I knew it was always his intention to have his family involved in his journey as much as possible so with that in mind, perhaps Stan was the driving force behind it?
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Ah din't know Ash was from idol...

but i do know that Taya is a long-time close friend.

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 pm

cktmt wrote:
    toottifruitti wrote:This may be a silly question but who is in Stan's backing band? Are they singers and musos that Sony got together?

Mike (Stans older bro) is the guitarist, Ashley (BV's) is a Back Up Vocalist on Idol, Russ (older bro) has done backing vocals as well at some of Stan's NZ gigs as well as being the band's percussionist & Tammy (BV's) is Stan's sister-in-law & both Taya and Sidney (stans original BVs and incidentally Sidney is his cousin) auditioned for the roles respectively.. dont know the dude on keyboard though.. Not too sure who put it all together whether it was Sony or Stan himself. Mind you, I knew it was always his intention to have his family involved in his journey as much as possible so with that in mind, perhaps Stan was the driving force behind it?

Thanks for that cktmt..very interesting indeed. So glad to know Sidney is still involved!! I like him.. flower

cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:30 pm

KrystaBel wrote:
    cktmt wrote:

Thanks for that cktmt..very interesting indeed. So glad to know Sidney is still involved!! I like him.. flower

Yep and as irony would have it, Sidney made it to the Top 24 of NZ Idol's first season.. Though just quietly, he def deserved to go further in the competition!
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 pm

cktmt wrote:
    KrystaBel wrote:
    cktmt wrote:

Yep and as irony would have it, Sidney made it to the Top 24 of NZ Idol's first season.. Though just quietly, he def deserved to go further in the competition!

It was Australian Idol 2003 that Sidney made the Semis Group 2...he sung Ribbons in the Sky by Stevie Wonder...he also was fast tracked to audition for the judges 2008 but it was Madam Parker that was selected to continue on...I hope he is still involved with Stan as B/V but he hasn't been called up since the promotional tour just after Idol...Does any one know if Sid backed up at Waringah Mall??? Last footage I saw of him was Blacktown...Hes not a real cousin to Stan...you know how it is all Maori are related...everyones a bro or cuz... :)

cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:16 pm

haha. My bad, I did mean Oz Idol not NZ! Blonde moment lol..

And I didn't think they were real cousins either - Sid is a born and raised Gizzy boy so couldn't immediately make a Tamapahore or Ruatoki connection?? It wasn't until I heard Stans radio interview on Sonshine FM in Perth where he said they were related that I thought they must be distant cousins.. Although, I'm sure most Maori could find connections with each other somewhere along the line! haha
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:22 pm

LOL so true CK....... you are a font of info huh? LOL
    So Ashley was a backup vocalist on Idol? I can't remember seeing her on the show.
    BTW I reckon Sid is way awesome.. shame he hasn't been called up recently. I really like his style. it blends well with Stan's voice

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:30 pm

hey guys, thought this is a good discussion (Stan's Backing Band) that deserves a stand alone topic.

Will move all our comments in regard to this in the "Other Stan Related Discusssions" so, please continue the discussion there. thanks flower

simo xx

Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Yep definitely a GREAT topic......... after all his backup singers will travel his path with him huh?

KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Linda wrote:LOL so true CK....... you are a font of info huh? LOL
    So Ashley was a backup vocalist on Idol? I can't remember seeing her on the show.
    BTW I reckon Sid is way awesome.. shame he hasn't been called up recently. I really like his style. it blends well with Stan's voice

Oh so agree Linda re Sid - way Awsum! The accoustic version of Black Box is just amazing..as u said, Sids voice blends beautifully with Stans...Hope to see him with Stans band again soon.. singing cool
    And the 3 girls are triffic..hehe! Ashley is very accomplished..good dance moves, looks great! As does Taya..I guess..*shrugs shoulders* ..but loved Tam at the Rotorua concert (well, what I heard on Utube anyway LOLz).. her voice is powerful, lovely... she did a gr8 job plus ...she's Mike's wife - brilliant!! punk1
    toottifruitti
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by toottifruitti on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:04 am

There you are, I knew it wasn't a silly question after all.
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 am

Well the girls are great but I still like sid in there somewhere . I love his voice too. I can't comment too much on Taya as I've not met her but I have met Ashley and she is a really lovely girl! Hats off to Ashley :-)

Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 am

Simona wrote:hey guys, thought this is a good discussion (Stan's Backing Band) that deserves a stand alone topic.

Will move all our comments in regard to this in the "Other Stan Related Discusssions" so, please continue the discussion there. thanks flower

simo xx

Lol...I thought you had deleated my comments...lol....then I found it....

I agree with Linda and Krystabel...I think Sids voice blended well with Stans...I spoke to him today and told that there were comments on here about him and how you guys loved his voice and all...hahahaha and he said "Oh its probably my Mum"...funny as...I dunno to me the best performance I have seen of Stans is on Sunrise with Sid and Ashley B/V...To me too many females in as the backing vocals just sounds too...I dunno...does anyone know what I mean??? I know what I mean but can't put it into words...oh man and seriously the whole clicking fingers in the background...IS ANNOYONG ME...it looks dumb!!! dumb...dumb...dumb...sorry but it does... mad

* And Linda I told him to hurry up and add you as a friend on FB...and also that he had to sing to you when we all meet up in Sydney...lol
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 pm

LOL@Andrea! You're a babe.
    Just home for a few minutes before packing the trailer again with the furniture. So I thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone!

OK tell Sid he will definitely HAVE to sing to me now! LOL or else I'll skitch you onto him bwahahahahaha

ok gotta go babes............ mwahhhhhhhhhhhh
    be back online next monday so until then it'll be my iphone grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Keitamaanga
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Keitamaanga on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 pm

yup gr8 to see Stan's band expanding throughout his tours in N.Z
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Linda wrote:LOL@Andrea! You're a babe.
    Just home for a few minutes before packing the trailer again with the furniture. So I thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone!

OK tell Sid he will definitely HAVE to sing to me now! LOL or else I'll skitch you onto him bwahahahahaha

ok gotta go babes............ mwahhhhhhhhhhhh
    be back online next monday so until then it'll be my iphone grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ewww that was me for the lst couple of months....from my phone....awww see you back here next week then....miss ya already...lol...bbbyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Kaitiakis_Mummy wrote:
    I agree with Linda and Krystabel...I think Sids voice blended well with Stans...I spoke to him today and told that there were comments on here about him and how you guys loved his voice and all...hahahaha and he said "Oh its probably my Mum"...funny as...I dunno to me the best performance I have seen of Stans is on Sunrise with Sid and Ashley B/V...To me too many females in as the backing vocals just sounds too...I dunno...does anyone know what I mean??? I know what I mean but can't put it into words...oh man and seriously the whole clicking fingers in the background...IS ANNOYONG ME...it looks dumb!!! dumb...dumb...dumb...sorry but it does... mad

bahahaha I understnad exactly what do you mean about having male and female BV. It offers probably more variety in terms of tones, light and shade... I think also Stan needs a strong male voice to cover up and back him up during a concert. I think Syd has a very nice voice, lovely to listen to and he is a fine singer too. It would be great if they could have Ash Syd and Taya all together aye?...

Last edited by Simona on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Keitamaanga
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Keitamaanga on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Simona wrote:
    Kaitiakis_Mummy wrote:

bahahaha I understnad exactly what do you mean about having male and female BV. It offers probably more variety in terms of tones, light and shade... I think also Stan needs a strog male voice to cover and back him up during a concert. I think syd has a very nice voice, lovely to listen to and he is a fine singer too. It woul dbe great if they coul dhave Ash Syd and Taya all together aye?...

I totally agree guys!!! sunny
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I loved Sidney's voice i think it complimented well with stan's.

OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm curious KaiMum.. Does Sidney do BV's for any other Artists?? I truly hope he is busy, he deserves to be working.. with that lovely voice!! sunny
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

KrystaBel wrote:I'm curious KaiMum.. Does Sidney do BV's for any other Artists?? I truly hope he is busy, he deserves to be working.. with that lovely voice!! sunny

No...he doesn't...shame really cos he has alot to offer...And when you watch him live...OMGSH makes the hair stand up on your neck...he can sing and make you feel like hes singing to you...wicked...Hes pretty bummed about not being called up again ...but would never say anything...:( my poor friend and hes such a trooper makes out that hes cool as...but REALLY...add him on face book...Sidney Maynard

I think he would appreciate your support...:) huyya sunny cheerleader

Last edited by Kaitiakis_Mummy on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : links didn't exist)
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:30 am

Kaitiakis_Mummy wrote:
    KrystaBel wrote:I'm curious KaiMum.. Does Sidney do BV's for any other Artists?? I truly hope he is busy, he deserves to be working.. with that lovely voice!! sunny

No...he doesn't...shame really cos he has alot to offer...And when you watch him live...OMGSH makes the hair stand up on your neck...he can sing and make you feel like hes singing to you...wicked...Hes pretty bummed about not being called up again ...but would never say anything...:( my poor friend and hes such a trooper makes out that hes cool as...but REALLY...add him on face book...Sidney Maynard

Awwww Im not on facebook!!! I know I know.. cries LOLz.. BUT I am on Twitter!! Grin I would follow Sidney .. Hmmmmm..I think I'll do a search and see if he has twitter!!

But thanks for ur reply.. I am sure that as Stan grows as a performer, he will need the BV support and professionalism of Sidney more too. Especially now that Stan is back in Aus .. heaps of gigs lined up over the next few months - and a trip back to NZ... so who knows.. if Sid gets that CALL, we Kiwi's may see Sidney perform with Stan yet!!! Kooooool.. Whoop whoop! woot woot Grin
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:41 am

Hello!!!! Hate doing this with iPhone but I'm getting withdrawals lol
    I saw sid, ash and Taya live at blacktown and they were freaking awesome! You'll know what I mean when you compare performances on YouTube!

Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Kaitiakis_Mummy wrote:

Hey there Sid did b/v for Vanessa Amorrosi with Ashley not so long ago...he is working on his own album which may be coming out in July...he is so excited...:) Dont know what sort of style or anything as yet... :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 am