Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

[24-11-09] STAN WALKER TALKS ABOUT HIS PLANS after winning Australian Idol - AAP

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[24-11-09] STAN WALKER TALKS ABOUT HIS PLANS after winning Australian Idol - AAP

Post by Simona on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 am

STAN Walker is ready to take the music industry by storm, just a day after winning Australian Idol.

The 19-year-old soul singer was in shock on Monday at being crowned the seventh winner of the competition, beating rock chick Hayley Warner at the grand final on Sunday.

Almost 1.5 million Australians tuned in to finale, with the audience peaking at 1.7 million, a strong result after struggling to reach a million viewers during the season.

While numbers were far from the three million viewers the show garnered in 2003 and 2004, the results are a win for Ten, with a spokesperson confirming Australian Idol will return in 2010.

Walker says he can't wait to get down to business.

"I'm ready to make music, and I'm ready to start my career and just give it everything I've got," Walker said.

"This is my passion. I really want to do this."

Walker's single Black Box received its first radio play today, while tomorrow he's hitting the studio to film the video clip.

On December 11, his album will be released, made up of songs he performed on Australian Idol, such as Prince's Purple Rain, and Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah.

It'll also include a duet with the original Australian Idol Guy Sebastian.

Walker says he'd also like to collaborate with former Idol contestants such as Jessica Mauboy Jessica Mauboy and Ricki-Lee Coulter.

"Ricki-Lee - she's the man, I'll make it happen," Walker said.

Walker said he never expected to win the competition, but now that he has he has no plans to go back to his life as a shop assistant in Coolangatta, in Queensland.

Born in Melbourne and raised in New Zealand, Walker had a troubled life surrounded by drugs and violence, and credits Christianity with helping him sort himself out.

So what if his music career doesn't work out?

"Maybe I might be a plus size supermodel or something," Walker laughed.

While music is his number one, Walker says he's got other projects in mind further down the track, but doesn't want to give too much away.

"I'm looking for other things in the future, not the near future but the future. We'll see when we get to it."

credit source: www.news.com.au/entertainment/

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 am