Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Stan's Management

RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Stan's Management

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:49 am

I notice that the same guy manages Jessica Mauboy. They need to do some more work on Stan's official site - so I went and looked at the site of the actual management (from the link on the bottom of Stan's site. It is just one page, with photos and an email address.

In this day and age, that manager needs to be looking at sites like Keith Urban's, Empire of the Sun and a few others out there that have really great sites.

The bandit site has more darn action on it.

Yes, there is an argument for not spending Stan's money on site development when Sony, Bigpond, Sanity etc will have plenty of material, but frankly, it could be better.

There's my grumble for the day.

Last edited by RobynH99 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos - I need a secretary)
    Ataahua

Re: Stan's Management

Post by Ataahua on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Robyn, I moved this into the Random discussion forum since it isn't a news article. =)

regarding the website, perhaps it's still under construction? I dunno since I haven't looked at Jessica's website...or Wes Carr and Anthony Callea as the same guy is managing them as well.

you can always email the manager.... Razz

STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Ataahua wrote:Robyn, I moved this into the Random discussion forum since it isn't a news article. =)

regarding the website, perhaps it's still under construction? I dunno since I haven't looked at Jessica's website...or Wes Carr and Anthony Callea as the same guy is managing them as well.

you can always email the manager.... Razz

No worries about the move - besides, the Random section needed something! LOL

Don't temp me - I might just email him.

You know, I WOULD have looked at Jessica's site - buth I couldn't get there from the Management site!
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:32 pm

yeah i tried clicking on her pic but nothing.

so i got curious and googled instead, haha...

http://www.jessicamauboy.com.au/

it's REAL snazzy....and they have their own forum!!!
    which mean's Stan's will have one in the future too!

hmm...not sure what to think about that, in terms of us here.... silent

STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Ataahua wrote:
    it's REAL snazzy....and they have their own forum!!!
    which mean's Stan's will have one in the future too!

hmm...not sure what to think about that, in terms of us here.... silent

My advice would be to get to David Champion NOW - where is Simone?

Get to be the official forum - after all, it is only a link - or they migrate it - that way there is never an empty Forum to start off with.
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 pm

hmmm.....well if you look at Jess's forum, there's a terms of use. here's a snippet:

The opinions provided by users are their own, and not necessarily those of SONY BMG. SONY BMG does not authorise or endorse the comments of users. SONY BMG reserves its absolute right, as it sees fit, to remove or edit any content submitted to the SONY BMG forums but is not obliged to do so.

Complaints and comments regarding potentially prohibited content in the Forums should be posted via the SONY BMG Contact Page

That's the reason why I don't think they will agree to use our forums as the official one. If it's on their website they need to have some sort of control over it, for legal reasons.

but still, we can give it a shot i suppose. no harm in trying. we have worked hard to get this forum up and working after all....

Post by Ataahua on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:13 pm

awww that's real nice of you, Robyn!
    chances are though that the management people aren't going to care, but....maybe see what Simo thinks. :)

State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:14 pm

RobynH99 wrote:Besides, they might let you and Simone run it after all. I think the forums are usually fan managed, pretty much.

I'm drafting an email to him, becasue it might be better coming from a third party rather than yourselves - or even if not, it shows support for you guys!

Won't send it unless you guys want me to though.

Sorry guys, didn't have chance to get to this section earlier.

I think Robyn's idea is great. Stan's website is still "empty" has a page of generic info and that's it. We are providing for a large range of updates and info about Stan here to keep the fan engaged-involved-interested so It would be ideal and productive for the Stan-artist to have our link on his offcial website.

If they ignore us, as Tes mentioned, because they want the forum to be on the off. website and want to controll it we could ask if it is possible to import our forum content including admin. moderators and members to the off. one ...I know, i'm probably dreaming, I have no idea if such thing could be possible... but just an idea there.

Anyway to be even remotely consider we should have an insane amount of members... in a week me welcomed 43 members no bad but not enough. Quickly on that I saw quite a few guests marked "Google: Bot" wich means the link is out there and visible... it still has the old name Stan Walker's State... (I'll post more details ont he suggestion forum)

I'm willing to send an e-mail to the manager and would be great if you Robyn could send yours, thank you for drafting it.

What are your thoughts?
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Yes, I'm probably old enough to be his mother. *sigh* That is so sad.
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:09 pm

thank you Robyn for the mention and the kind words ... I feel honored

This e-mail is perfect; gives a nice warm feeling but still straight to the point. Awesome job Robyn!

Now, there's the wait for his response

johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Any word on the twitter account officiastan ?, he posted a couple of photos early hours of this morning, but they were just off a website. I see on the new Hayley website she has her twitter account linked on it, but Stan does not.
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:26 pm

David Champion repled to my email.

It was short and sweet and he said "Let me check" so I think he was referring to the Twitter account in that statement.

Also, I quote, "By the way I am thrilled to tell you we are shipping Gold on the Stan Walker album."

That is why I think the singles sales have dropped - people are pre-ordering the album!!!

GO Stan!

Also, I read his email to say he THINKS there may be a way for this to become Stan's official forum, but I'll need to cross check, as he has a tendancy to write in shorthand! LOL

Big Smile

I have a feeling neither twitter account is Stan's actually. Neither of them actually sound like the Stan we know.
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Of course I replied. Big Smile

I didn't push the forum issue - we've opened the door, let's see what happens.

Funny you picked up on that Twitter aspect - I've JUST made a similar post elsewhere on the forum! GMTA!
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 pm

LOL, yes I saw your post about twitter.

i guess because we're both skeptics? that's why we see these things?
    but yeah, that's strike 2 to me. the first was when he said he was going to fly out to NZ last weekend, even though the event is this weekend. and now this. plus your point about him not mentioning the album going gold. and also, in one of the articles posted today, it mentions that Stan is now back in QLD relaxing with his family. Stan has a BIG family. wouldn't he be too busy catching up them to be twittering?

i'm just a natural skeptic i guess.... cyclops

STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 am

Thanx Robyn for your awesome email, you rock!!!! :cheers:
    I ❤ you guys, one day I hope we can all catch up as we have such a strong bond with our "Stan"
    Stan, when you grow up I'll marry you, lol! ... sigh... in my dreams!!!
    Taichi
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:54 am

Well Tai - you never know - maybe he has a couple of single uncles? He DOES have a large family!!

I think if he does appear in Melbourne soon, all the Melbourne-ites on here could arrange to meet somewhere and go together - that would be fun!
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:07 am

Yep.....that would be fun if I lived in Melbourne.... Big Smile lol!
    I'm sure I can still make it... ☀
    The uncles...let me ponder that one.... lol! they have to look like our Stan of course....nope just will not do...Stan all the way lol!
    Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content