Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Second album extends introduction to final Idol

_KENNY
    STANnified
    STANnified

Second album extends introduction to final Idol

Post by _KENNY on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm

The show's over but Stan Walker is determined to be heard, writes Andrew Murfett.

THE Seven Network's blockbuster acquisition The X-Factor is seeking to usurp Australian Idol's mantle as television's chief means of unearthing vocal talent when it begins screening next month.

So where does that leave the now seemingly defunct Idol's almost-forgotten final winner, Stan Walker?

The 19-year-old Sydney-based, Kiwi-bred vocalist has finally released his post-show, big-budget pop album. He was in Melbourne over the weekend as part of an exhaustive promotional tour.

Walker last year rush-released a no-frills album of mostly covers - called Introducing - which was recorded in just two days.

From the Inside Out, released at the weekend, is a diverse, urban-leaning pop album seeking to exploit the vocal dexterity he demonstrated on Idol.

It uses the services of a big-name producer, Stuart Crichton (Delta Goodrem, Kylie Minogue) and the million-dollar songwriter behind Beyonce's Halo, Ryan Tedder.

''I want to get my sound out, tell stories, be relevant and have people get to know me,'' Walker says.

Although he is attempting to shake off the tag of television performer, he admits he is frustrated at Idol's cancellation.

''I think it's dumb it's not coming back,'' he says, bluntly. ''I was pretty excited to see people go through the same emotional journey we went through.''

As for the perception Idol winners have not paid their dues, he is similarly abrasive.

''There is a misconception of what actually happens,'' he said. ''A lot of musicians don't like Idol because they think you haven't worked hard enough to get there. But the truth is, it's harder for us because we have to go through what those musicians go through all in the space of a year.

''It's 24/7: emotionally and physically draining. Your world changes instantly and then after it, you're expected to prove [yourself] even more. I'm not ashamed of [Idol]. If anything, I'm really proud of where I came from.''

Through the competition and in ensuing months, Walker found a friend and confidant in the show's first winner, Guy Sebastian.

''It's weird: Guy started Idol and I finished,'' he said. ''He's the reason why I loved Idol. He told me to be wary and wise about the decisions I make and the kind of friendships I make. He tried to help protect me and keep me guarded.''

He was also drawn to Jessica Mauboy, an Idol contestant who has not only dominated pop charts but found work in television and film.

''Jess is the best thing Australia has got,'' he said.

''I'm inspired by her because we are both indigenous. It was a big thing for me, being able to see what she could do.

''We're the only two black singers in Australia doing pop R&B.''

Early signs for Walker's big-budget debut are good: yesterday his album was sitting atop the iTunes album download chart.

From The Inside Out is out now.

Source - http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/second-album-extends-introduction-to-final-idol-20100824-13q7o.html
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Re: Second album extends introduction to final Idol

Post by kiwianabananarama on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:46 pm

thanks kenny...was too sick I didn't read it properly...

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:16 pm

what an interesting article ...

So where does that leave the now seemingly defunct Idol's almost-forgotten final winner, Stan Walker?

eeeek is Stan almost-forgotten referring to his music, as an artist or to the fact that he is an idol competition winner?

2 very different statements.

I wonder which one the writer intended....

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 pm

its all happening
    _KENNY
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by _KENNY on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:56 pm

was in a rush posting this and didn't get time to post a reply. hmm what's this editor talking about, almost forgotten? Stan and Guy were the best idols, how can he be forgotten lol.

Stan says him and Jess are the only black pop/R&B Aussie singers - what about Paulini and Emily Williams? LOL

Hey Kiwiana ! thanks smile
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 am

yes, Kenny. I was thinking the same.

he refers to 'indigenous black ppl' may be that's the key to his claim?

also Paulini and Emily are not as prominent as those two (Stan & Jess) on the national music scene.... so may be that's another parameter Stan used to make that statment ???

Austalian Idol winner Casey Donovan also is an active indigenous singer but hasn't main stream exposure atm so she hasn't been mentioned either in this contest.

_KENNY
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by _KENNY on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 pm

I think your right Simona Paulini use to be at the top of the charts back in the days when she was signed to Sony and Casey Donovan got dropped from Sony, i think it's bcoz of her image Shocked
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:04 pm

I know, such a shame some really talented singer & performers have not enough exposure AND support from record company .... most of the time they are in just for the quick buck... sadly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 am