Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Stan da modest man

QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Stan da modest man

Post by QueenTiger on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:22 pm

source: http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/going-out/gig-guide/Stan-da-modest-man/7573828/

STAN DA MODEST MAN

01/Nov/2010

By Sara Fitzpatrick

APART from acquiring a new wardrobe of clothing, Stan Walker is adamant he hasn't changed a bit since winning Australian Idol last year, even though his prospects greatly have.

Modesty aside, the professional singer-songwriter - born in Australia and raised in New Zealand - has come a long way since working as a shop assistant at a menswear store in Coolangatta, Queensland.

He recently released his second album, From the Inside Out, and will soon be in Perth sharing the stage with international hip-hoppers Akon, Ciara, Soulja Boy and Flo Rida at the Summerbeatz 2010 tour.

“People think that when you become a celebrity, you change,” Walker said.

“Personally, I don't see why you should or why anyone does.

“I just be myself; I've been myself through the whole thing. I haven't changed, I've just got more clothes.”

The 20-year-old shy-guy did however admit to developing as an artist since his Idol journey.

“Idol feels like a real long way,” Walker said.

“It's been an incredible life for me and it's full-on full on now.”

When he's not in the studio or touring, the rising star enjoys listening to new music from artists including American pop/R&B singer Jojo.

“I've been waiting to hear another album of hers. She's awesome,” Walker said.

He also always has time to listen to American soul-singer Luther Vandross, whom he describes as “the man.”

Walker said he was “pumped” to perform at Summerbeatz, and fans could expect something “a bit different” to his usual performances.

Summerbeatz 2010 is at Burswood Dome on November 23.

STANnified
    STANnified

Re: Stan da modest man

Post by _KENNY on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:02 pm

yess..i wanna hear something new from Jojo too
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 pm

thanx Renee! Yeah I always have time for ma Luther..Luther will always be The Man!
    Walker said he was “pumped” to perform at Summerbeatz, and fans could expect something “a bit different” to his usual performances.
    I wonder what he's gonna do for Summerbeatz...hmm something a bit different? Aw wish i could go!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content