Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Stan Walker visits Mackay

QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:16 pm

source: http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2010/12/06/idol-winner-stan-walker-visits-mackay/

Fallon Hudson | 6th December 2010

STAN WALKER'S voice can bring people to tears.

And that was the case for a few of his young female fans when they got to met him at Mt Pleasant Shopping Centre yesterday.

Walker was in Mackay to open the new Sanity store at Mt Pleasant, where he performed a few tracks from his latest album From The Inside Out.

The album is like a diary of personal thoughts and reflection for Walker whose life has changed since winning Australia Idol last year.

Before he walked on stage a strong crowd of more than 200 people started to chant “Stan” and within a matter of minutes the Australian Idol winner appeared, wearing sunglasses a straw hat and a black singlet.

“How's everybody going?” he said with a smile “This is my first time (in Mackay) and it is so hot that I had to get changed. I am so sweaty I don't think you would want to get to close to me.

“I got off the plane and it was like a heat wave.”

Walker went on to tell his Mackay fans that he loved travelling to regional areas because it reminded him of his home town in New Zealand. He said he wanted to thank all his fans who had supported him since his days as an Australian Idol contestant.

“Hopefully, I can give back to you and thank you for all your support.”

As he sang his hit song, Black Box, many sang along with him and they continued to enjoy a few songs off the album, including Choose You.

Even though his performance was quite intimate, Walker still gave a stellar performance for the Mackay crowd, showcasing his amazing vocal talent.

“You can see the sweat dripping down; if it looks like I am dancing I am fanning myself down. To all my fans here today, thanks for putting up with me and putting up with my different hair phases,” he joked.

The soul singer also went on to sing his latest song, Homesick, which explores the emotions of being away from the people and things we love.

“Being homesick can mean many different things to people; for me it is missing New Zealand, the Gold Coast and my mum.

“I am a mummy's boy,” he said.

Walker definitely showed that he can get a crowd pumping with an encore performance of Prince's classic Purple Rain.

He was also lucky enough to receive a gift from one of his fans who made him a card and gave him a few lollies and chocolates.

After his performance Walker signed copies of his latest album for his fans

PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Re: Stan Walker visits Mackay

Post by QueenTiger on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 pm

source: http://www.dailymercury.com.au/photos/galleries/stan-walker-wows-mackay/#id=stan-walker-wows-mackay&num=1

here is the photo gallery if anyone wants to see photos from Mackay

STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:17 pm

"To all my fans here today, thanks for putting up with me and putting up with my different hair phases"
    HAHAHA LMAO

awwww! to the girl wearing a black top and a gold belt in image 32 of 33, you are my twin. i know exactly how you feel. Big Grin2

love this, thanks renee! <3
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:15 am

aww that was so cool! Thanx Renee!!

That little girl is gorgeous...I know exactly how she feels...hearing Stan sing live for the first time is definitely overwhelming. Love all those photos!

Aw I just watched Stan live on TVNZ...and he looks so cute wearing the same straw hat and saying he just came back from London...from doing a video shoot for Nelly Movie? Something like that lol...
    And he might be adding more cities to his 9 city tour of NZ next year. He looked so cool in a tee, straw hat and pants and boots...very very cool. When he took off his hat..coz the host wanted to see his hair...it was plaited like a french plait around the top of his head...I actually liked it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:34 pm