Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Autralian Idol 'blown away' by support

Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Autralian Idol 'blown away' by support

Post by Simona on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 am

Australian idol 'blown away' by support
    KIMBERLEY CRAYTON-BROWN

Singer Stan Walker was in Invercargill last night and excited to perform for a sold-out crowd at Civic Theatre, one of the last stops on his first national tour.

The 20-year-old was showing signs of a long tour when he spoke to The Southland Times before his sound check yesterday, apologising as he stifled yawns.

Since winning Australian Idol in 2009, Walker said his life had been "full on".

"It's been hectic, I am so tired at the moment. It's been awesome, hard out, non-stop. I'm loving it."

Walker was touring New Zealand with a team of about 25 – backup singers, dancers, band and crew. His Christchurch show was cancelled because of the quake but people could swap their tickets for the Timaru show on March 5.

Based in Sydney, Walker grew up in Tauranga and said the support from New Zealand had blown him away.

"I get so much support, the people are just so good here."

One of the highlights of the past year or so was travelling the world, he said.

"And getting to live my dream. It's such a 24/7 demand, but it's good though."

Before last night's show, Walker said he was excited, and the audience could expect something different.

"People have heard me sing before but I don't think people have heard me sing this way. There is a bit of different stuff, it is a full-on show."

» Were you at the concert? Tell us what you thought of Stan's performance by leaving a comment.

Ad Feedback - The Southland Times

credit source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/4730254/Australian-idol-blown-away-by-support

SSFF ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Stan Walker
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Re: Autralian Idol 'blown away' by support

Post by Nicola on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Great to see the NZ provincial towns are supporting Stan with sold-out shows. Just a pity we didn't get to see him here in Christchurch - hopefully one day I'll get to see him perform live! We were so looking forward to it, and it'll be a while until you'll get people willing to go to an indoor concert with the ongoing aftershocks here - we had a 4.5 nearly an hour ago!
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:29 am

Hey Nicola...How are you cuz? I hope you are well down there and the family too :) Know that we are always thinking of you guys and hope you are safe.
    Is Stans concert in Christchurch this weekend? Are you going??
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Kiwiana,

Yes it's been a while since I've been on the forum - we are struggling along down here - we got hammered by a big aftershock a fortnight ago when my husband was in hospital - just 3 hours out of surgery in fact. I had just been visiting him and arrived home, opened the garage door and was walking back to my car (it was 10:30pm) and suddenly a violent aftershock occured - and I watched in horror as the 2 cars I was standing between were rocking, my house in front of me was rocking and I could see through the kitchen window things falling down inside the house, and I heard the heavy double garage door bang down behind me. It was so sudden and violent and if I had been 10 seconds earlier - I could have been driving into the garage and if the door had banged down upon me in the car - the result doesn't bear thinking about. God surely had his angels protecting me. We had a burst hot water cylinder and displaced roof tiles and stuff strewn all over the house - worse than on Sept 4th in the 7.1 - but this was "only" a 5.4 but it was shallow and close to us. We have cracks we didn't have before in ceilings and walls. My poor husband had to come home the next day to a mess and no hot water. The girls slept in my bed that night - thankfully our babysitter was brilliant with them and kept them as calm as possible. So life is a bit harrowing down here still at times. Stan's concert is on this Saturday and we are going - as long as ticketek have a lost ticket pass for us as they say they will do as the tickets we booked and paid for (front row!) on 12th May, never arrived although they claim they were sent to us. I just hope it all works out as we have been waiting for so long to see Stan perform live - the CBS arena is closer than the town hall was so that's a bonus! Sadly my neighbour Marilyn who was so looking forward to coming with us, has ear problems and has been told by her doctor that she shouldn't attend - and she burst into tears when he told her that - so the poor thing is gutted. So that's life down in Christchurch - provided all goes well, I intend to post about it on the forum afterwards.
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 am

Oh my dear Stan friend...I'm sorry to hear of yet another aftershock. We pray for you guys down there, for your safety and well being. You are very strong and resilient you know! I don't know what I'd do if it was me down there. But I know our Heavenly Father is watching over you everyday and I'm so happy you are all okay. Big hugs to hubby and the girls...and you too Nic!!
    Cuz enjoy the concert...coz I will be thinking about you and the family. Maybe you could take some videos? especially since you are Front Row (the best place to be!)lol. Then your friend Marilyn can watch them and not miss out. I know Stan has been eager to be with you all in Christchurch. You will have the best time!!! :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:10 pm